Second Skin Audio

L7 15"

Guest Brett32324

maybe it was down to the box, becuse i was getting a universal sealed box for like £25 and sticking a l7 in there, i mean no diementions etc considered and again it was my JBL 1201.1 Amp that fried it, i guess the settings were bad and very distored as i had a sony headunit.

on the amp i had gains max, cross over more than half way and bass boost full, and once the stereo was hitting 30  /max was 42 the sound was distorted.

anyways i now know better  :D

Signal and crossover comes in to play on those statements. I have an 12" L5 with a KX1200.1 @ 2 ohms, which is pushing over 800 RMS, in a 4.6cbft SPL Box tuned @ 31Hz. And my little L5 can't handle all that power. The L7 is near $250 get an FI Q's but you're going to need to wire that amp to an higher ohm, so you don't fry the voice coils. The 2006 Kicker series had a new voice coil design, the 2005 series had a problem in it so they corrected it, since everyone was frying the coils. Greta sub but they're better out for in that price range.

I have this dream of this underground culture in mind, coming to life through the Audio that I build, Deep Perfection.YUKON'S SITEhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2397609