I've tinted the windows on my previous cars with the crappy window tint you can buy from Wal-Mart or auto parts stores.  First car looked like crap, second looked good because I knew what I was doing and read up on the whole "tinting art"...but is still turned purple after a while, regardless.I'm going to do the windows on my s-10 with some higher quality tint seeing as how the glass in these is real simple.  Kind of wondering if anyone has recommendations on a brand that a consumer could buy online.  Can't really get it locally.  I would like to do it myself because I'm a diy'er and it's a couple hundred to have it done professionally.Any tips or info is appreciated.  Thanks!

Your going to be spending more money buying the film than just getting it done professionally. I've been tinting for a few months now. I like to use Sun Guard and Llumar.A good roll of Llumar is going to cost you about $150 (eBay).I say take it to a shop. You don't get the hang of it by just doing 2 cars. When you have done 10 or more you "kinda" know how to do it by yourself. Every car is different too.

Hmmm.  I was thinking Llumar would be good too, as I have had a few friends use it.  Couldn't find it on ebay though.  Better look again.  I was quoted $200-275 locally for the job.I'm not a pro by any means, but on my last car, ALL the windows came out looking good....a few little specs here and there of dirt I did not get out---not noticeable unless you looked close. The brow on the front windshield was the only part that did not come out well because I didn't tape the headliner and dirt bled down when I sprayed the glass.  I don't have any compound curves or bs on this new truck.  In addition, I have done most of the flat glass windows on my parents house with the film you can buy from Lowes.No, I  haven't done 10 cars, YES, I have a little experience under my belt.

I use SolarZone for my tinting needs. I used Solarsteel 20% For my Excursion. It's a little harder to work with then a dyed plastic. So you got to take your time, use a heatgun a bit, and baby shampoo.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I was quoted $200-275 locally for the job.

For an S10??? :o  I had my S10 (extended-cab) windows done for $160. Thats for 5 windows.  8)
LMAO...$90 to get all my expedition windows tinted a year ago. You guys don't have many tinting shops near by do you?

Wow, $90 is a steal!  You guys have a great advantage living where there are more than two shops in your city!1lowsuv, I saw somewhere in the forum you have a 99 S10.  Do you have pics?I just bought an '00 S10.  I love the thing.  I managed to get the LS model which didn't have any of that door chime BS and installing the deck and front components was super easy!I've got pics of the truck and stereo I'm installing so I'll make a cardomain site and link you to it.

geek, please feel free to post your pics in the member show off area, thats what we set it up for, so  we could have an are were are members can show off their rides.Davidp.s  I too would like to see 1Low's s10, I sold my 2001 sonoma in 03 kinda miss it now.

Wow, $90 is a steal!  You guys have a great advantage living where there are more than two shops in your city!

1lowsuv, I saw somewhere in the forum you have a 99 S10.  Do you have pics?

I just bought an '00 S10.  I love the thing.  I managed to get the LS model which didn't have any of that door chime BS and installing the deck and front components was super easy!

I've got pics of the truck and stereo I'm installing so I'll make a cardomain site and link you to it.

LOL we have shops about every mile apart in South Miami. ;D

Archived