Component Choices-made, Now Need A Help On Amount

question, will 6.5 inch components be too big for some a-pillar set ups?? steve used 5 1/4 in the hoopty but what did he use in the hoe??

should i just go with 6.5s? or have 1 set of 6.5 1 set of 5 1/4 and 1 set of 6x9?

Probably to big, measure from the door edge of the pillar forward to the glass and see what the distance is. I am doing the same in my PT, but with 4" mids, I couldn't go any bigger.

Also, hold a speaker up there to see, sound is sound, but with a-pillars, to big a speaker looks bad in my opinion.

Glad to see you found what you want, this seemed to be a tough decision for you.

Edited by ptcary

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

Probably to big, measure from the door edge of the pillar forward to the glass and see what the distance is. I am doing the same in my PT, but with 4" mids, I couldn't go any bigger.

Also, hold a speaker up there to see, sound is sound, but with a-pillars, to big a speaker looks bad in my opinion.

Glad to see you found what you want, this seemed to be a tough decision for you.

i think im just gonna get one of each set and call it good......it is a tough decision because i dont have the money to say whoops dont like that, gonna do it all over again like some of the others here can

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

nah i run 150rms on mines per channel daily and have no problems at all, friends running 200 per side active with no problems also

never used them and knew some of the stuff use to be nice, but I dont here much about pg and thought thy kinda fell off. Lol

I miss my old ti series amps I had tho, those where nice!!!