Grounding Question?

if you ground your amp to the front battery does it help to improve voltage or anything? i always use a chassis ground about 2-3 feet from my amps. someone told me today (that just reads about 12 volt) said that i am hurting my amps by not grounding to the front battery. the only reason i am asking is because he said he is a member on here and someone told him to do it that way.

----reference's----

meade916

Personally to me its a waste of money and wire. Sooner or later your ground will have to pass thru metal anyway right? (being the only true ground is the case on the alt.) Only time it is a good idea is if the vehicle is a unibody.

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz

Personally to me its a waste of money and wire. Sooner or later your ground will have to pass thru metal anyway right? (being the only true ground is the case on the alt.) Only time it is a good idea is if the vehicle is a unibody.

well you brought up a question i have been wondering. my wife has a 04 cavi, recently we have been getting shocked when we get out of the car. its a little harder that when some one rubs there feet on carpet and touches you. it is grounded to this bolt in the back. i think its a bumper bolt. should i run a ground up to the front.

----reference's----

meade916

i Agree a nice ground from the battery to the frame and from your amps to the frame and it will be fine

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

i Agree a nice ground from the battery to the frame and from your amps to the frame and it will be fine

hey stephan you ahve a cavi where did you ground your amp. i dont know if it just has a bad connesction but its starting to piss me off everytime i get out of the car i say ouch or fuck. people look at me lik ei am crazy

----reference's----

meade916

hey stephan you ahve a cavi where did you ground your amp. i dont know if it just has a bad connesction but its starting to piss me off everytime i get out of the car i say ouch or fuck. people look at me lik ei am crazy

i get shocked all the time too, i usally just try to touch one of the screws in the door when im getting out. My amp is grounded beside the seatbelt bolt under the rear seat.

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

well you brought up a question i have been wondering. my wife has a 04 cavi, recently we have been getting shocked when we get out of the car. its a little harder that when some one rubs there feet on carpet and touches you. it is grounded to this bolt in the back. i think its a bumper bolt. should i run a ground up to the front.

You don't even have to have a system for your car to shock you. It normally happens when the weather is colder. All you have to do is when you get out of the car touch the metal part of the door with your key and you should see a spark but you will not feel it!!! Gotta discharge yourself.

Member since 25 Jun 2006

2011 Yukon DenaliCustomLightz 4300K HID RetrofitEsky TailsEsky Third BrakeEsky 22sEsky Appliques