The Big 3 Done Different

WID.jpg

Is it the same, better or worse?

Thanks

Kind or worse, in a way. the grounding of the alternator to the chassis is pointless because the engine is going to be one of the best grounds and well the alternator is bolted to the engine.

Thats why you ground engine to battery negative to eliminate the use of the grounding strap that is used on some vehicles, with this done your alt and engine will be grounded as one in a way.

You could however remove the alternator to chassis ground, and ground alternator to battery negative, which would be almost the same as grounding to the engine.

Also

ground battery to chassis.

and if you got enough extra positive wire, run a thicker wire from battery positive to the fusebox replacing the small gauged wire used by the factory, may help even more in dimming lights.

and if you got enough extra positive wire, run a thicker wire from battery positive to the fusebox replacing the small gauged wire used by the factory, may help even more in dimming lights.

i'm going to look into that- good idea!!

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

Kind or worse, in a way. the grounding of the alternator to the chassis is pointless because the engine is going to be one of the best grounds and well the alternator is bolted to the engine.

Thats why you ground engine to battery negative to eliminate the use of the grounding strap that is used on some vehicles, with this done your alt and engine will be grounded as one in a way.

You could however remove the alternator to chassis ground, and ground alternator to battery negative, which would be almost the same as grounding to the engine.

Also

ground battery to chassis.

If the whole engine is one Giant piece of metal.

Grounding to the Mounting Bolt would be the EXACT same as grounding to the engine, wouldn't it?

If the whole engine is one Giant piece of metal.

Grounding to the Mounting Bolt would be the EXACT same as grounding to the engine, wouldn't it?

yes, it would be and thats why I said.

Is your engine made of plastic? most likely your block, heads, brackets bolted to the block and head are some type of aluminum or steel, so it will allow the flow of current. Unless it is after all plastic? :lol:

yes, it would be and thats why I said.

Is your engine made of plastic? most likely your block, heads, brackets bolted to the block and head are some type of aluminum or steel, so it will allow the flow of current. Unless it is after all plastic? :lol:

I read your post wrong.

Noob posting dumb shit at 3:00 am.

FUCK THAT!

LoL.

I'm out.