Both of those Chev's are super clean, I would roll either one of them, I agree not all are POS, unfortunitly alot are, Im not a huge fan of the monster cars, but both of those up above would look sick in my drive way.

Both of those Chev's are super clean, I would roll either one of them, I agree not all are POS, unfortunitly alot are, Im not a huge fan of the monster cars, but both of those up above would look sick in my drive way.

I agree..not a big fan of the (donk)rides,but those were two that I coulod get into!!

you didnt read that or what? apparently your reading comprehension is very low. I was trying to express that the big wheel homos wont get any any respect until they pay there dues. You then post a couple cars built by classic cars south east and then had big rims bolted to them :rolleyes: throwing $ at a car and then bolting huge rims to them isnt paying dues

One of these>> any mini truck ever.

that thing wouldn't hold a candle to Bob Grant even on his worst day.

Heres a few more "mini trucks"

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

you didnt read that or what? apparently your reading comprehension is very low. I was trying to express that the big wheel homos wont get any any respect until they pay there dues. You then post a couple cars built by classic cars south east and then had big rims bolted to them :rolleyes: throwing $ at a car and then bolting huge rims to them isnt paying dues

that thing wouldn't hold a candle to Bob Grant even on his worst day.

Heres a few more "mini trucks"

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

All of those look nice but this one?..............why?

BTW My reading comprehension is very high or so every English teacher I ever had said so. According to test. ^_^

I was mainly commenting on this line alone

It will never get any respect until a ton of hard work sweat and tears are powered into your pos's

I think those rides had plenty of hard work/sweat/and tears to get done and complete. And lets not forget the ever most important part the $$$ ^_^

get any any respect until they pay there dues

Okay so exactly what might this be then?

And what does it matter where the cars were built? I'm showing you nice rides that have the ever so scary to you big wheels on them. And Bob Grant? Sorry doesn't really ring a bell to me. Google search tells me he is an radio host? lol Shed some light on that.

But look I'm not trying to get you to like or respect this thing. I mean shit Honestly there are alot of car with big rims I really dont like then there are the nicely tastefully done ones like pictured and I love them. Im just saying don't be an Ass and act like all cars with big rims/kandy paint/loud systems/or the ones that actually have a nice drive train are all POS.

Those trucks you posted I'm sure they were all very well qualified as an POS untill someone seen the light and did all the work to make them what they are now.

Dont be so bias and think that only min trucks or slammed to the ground rides are the only way to go..I personally don't really like mini trucks. I will appreciate the work and sit back and look at the details and say a very nice job done. But since I don't really like them too much I don't sit here and bash on them thats ridiculous. Its that persons ride they drive I don't so I honestly don't care.

I wont sit here and comment back and forth on you in the situation cause Im sure we both can go on forever..

If cars werent made to be lifted then why is it ok for trucks to be slammed? You have to think about that as well.

Its all about what you like. It you like a lifted car on 26's, do it to it man. If you dont, then simply dont do it. Its his car and if hes asking for some info/help then we should hook him up.

Right now this is all that matters. If you have knowledge on the topic of lifting or air ride why not help the guy out with your knowledge? This makes me wonder if any of you had a shop would you try and talk the guy out of it? I be not. Cause your going to love that check hes going to cut after everything is all said and done. Now I have an lil project ride I wanted to through some big wheels on. I dont want to slam it to the ground and law frame or anything. But I thought it be pretty fun and cool to ride down the road with something with big wheel and maybe a few drag blocks in the back :lol:

I made a thread a while ago and asked someone to PM me if they could help. I didnt feel like going to an whole other site and sing up so I figured I could get some help here....WRONG! I guess lol.. I didnt need all the big rim haters in there trying to either A. talk shit or B. talk me out of it. When I already made up my mind.

Theres different types of people in the world just like theres different type of custom automobiles. Now theres a select few of these people who make it a way of life. Theres different clicks and scenes and life styles. One of the oldest being Hot Rodders which spawned the muscle cars. It took a long time for them to set there roots the select few that paved the way earned there stripes and respect the hard way. Then came along the low riders and they were hazed just like these big wheel riding homos. In the 70s if you were a low rider you were in a gang. A man was layed out on and drug down the street which almost killed the scene but because of there love for the low rider cars culture and life style a hand full of hard core men and women kept it alive. They earned there stripes just like the hot roders before them. Then along cam the van runners a bunch of goofy people with a screw loose. They owned vans but had roots in other car culture scenes so they aplyed that to there vans. Slowly they made there own style and click. They relised that because they owned vans they could go to meets and runs party and sleep in there rides. Creating van runs. These guys got hazed just like the new cultures befor them. The gas crunch in the 70s strait killed the van craze. People traded in there v8s for smaller more fuel efficient mini trucks. But they still had the custom bug running thru there vains so they started building mini trucks and it got popular and more poplar. Mini truckers have been hazed for years from all sides. They got zero respect until mini truckers did 3 things. They took the channel a step further creating the stock floor body drop they created air ride. (yes the first vehicle to have air bags as we know them was a mini truck sponsored by Firestone) and they bolted big rims to there shit. Mini truckers to this day still dont get as much respect as other car cultures. But they do run a lot of shit. Every custom car show on tv has mini truckers behind and in front of the camera. Monster garage is ran by mini truckers. Jessee James was a mini trucker. Body drop of coarse is a mini trucker. Now mini truckers have gone from getting spit on to making a dent and influence in the car scene. The same thing goes for ricers. In came these riced out sticker mobiles. A fad like the newst shoes. These people bitched and moaned about respect. Now most of them have bought crotch rockets or moved onto the next big fad but theres a hand full left behind doing it right. They pore every thing into there rides make the cars the best that they can be. Fast sleek and good looking. These guys are starting to make there own dent in car culture.

Now theres this fad started on the east coast were people take beat up junks and bolt the biggest hugest rims possible to them. They flaunt there rims like a new pair of shoes. Not 1 vehicle shows any worth. NOT ONE! Now they expect to be allowed into the car scene with open arms and given the respect that other car cultures get. ITS A FAD ITS BULL SHIT AND IT GETS NO RESPECT. It will never get any respect until a ton of hard work sweat and tears are powered into your pos's and you can show the rest of the world its a way of life instead of a new shoe/sticker fad done for attention in your local hood.

you sound like a hating ass mofo......f you had half a brain and werent so closeminded you could see the level of work that alot of people put into "donks". LS1/LS2/LS7's sc'd big blocks, big nitrous setups, wet candy paint, leather n suede guts, booming systems etc..There is alot of great work being done on these cars you are just too stubborn to take it for what it is. Those People had to lift their cars to put bigger rims on them but now that tire makers are coming out with low profile wheels in larger sizes they arent having to lift them and are tucking 24-26" wheels. Honestly you sound like a low budget car snob thats obsessed with mini trucks.. REAL lowriders > minitrucks anyday <_<

Team Devastation Mixed Martial ArtsMachado Brazilian JiujitsuOnce I lock it on there's no escape I don't train to make you tap, I train to tear your arm, leg, or head off. Its your job to tap before I can do that -Pain is only weakness leaving the body, its kill or be killed and only the strong survive...Rockford FosgateDigital DesignsFi Car AudioCrossfire Car Audio

LOL! :lol: Ride Til You Die PIT! B)

you already know TJ smash back bumper then ride out on 3 :excl: :excl:

Team Devastation Mixed Martial ArtsMachado Brazilian JiujitsuOnce I lock it on there's no escape I don't train to make you tap, I train to tear your arm, leg, or head off. Its your job to tap before I can do that -Pain is only weakness leaving the body, its kill or be killed and only the strong survive...Rockford FosgateDigital DesignsFi Car AudioCrossfire Car Audio

Bob Grant-"Grant Customs-Oroville,Ca.......Well known to the custom world in Northern Cali.... B)

Damn no one has ever mention that place to me before. You got an adress or phone number? Id like to check the place out.

What exactly do they do over there?......EVERYTHING?

you sound like a hating ass mofo......f you had half a brain and werent so closeminded you could see the level of work that alot of people put into "donks". LS1/LS2/LS7's sc'd big blocks, big nitrous setups, wet candy paint, leather n suede guts, booming systems etc..There is alot of great work being done on these cars you are just too stubborn to take it for what it is. Those People had to lift their cars to put bigger rims on them but now that tire makers are coming out with low profile wheels in larger sizes they arent having to lift them and are tucking 24-26" wheels. Honestly you sound like a low budget car snob thats obsessed with mini trucks.. REAL lowriders > minitrucks anyday <_<

I sound like a hating as mofo? Good cuss I am Hating! Big P = Donk Hater #1

If I wasnt closed minded I see people putting wha? 99 % of these rides are bought not built.

They had to lift there cars? The first rims of any size from 16 all the way to 26 inchs was put on vehicles with air ride they all tucked. So if you can put a caprice on 24s and make the sweet spot in the suspension below stock height. Why cant people do this with bubbles? Seems more like the easy way out to me.

Na not really Low Budget. Look up home prices in the Santa Ynez Valley. SNob? Maybe im deffently stuck up when it comes to lifting your shit to fit rims. Im not really obsessed with Mini trucks it does pay the bills tho ;)

As far as Low Riders > mini trucks any day thats a very broad statement theres many levels of auto mobiles in both culture to say ultimately one is better than the other is just as close minded and snobish as you presume i am.

I have nothing but respect for low riders.

I have zero respect for the act of lifting your car just to fit bigger rims no matter what the theme or style of the car is.

Archived