Question about rims.. (does this go here?)

So I just picked up a 2006 Pontiac G6 GT coupe...it's a pretty sweet ride with decent power.

anyways I want to put some rims on it, maybe 20's.

Do I have to do anything special with the brakes or anything else?  I know when you have an SUV and you go big you have to do that stuff bbut not sure about cars...

THANKS!

ya bro welcome to the club (the g6 is very close to the balt) anyway ive had experiance with this b4... when i had my camaro it came with 16in rims i bought it with 17s and i upgrades to 18s (but i went overboad with the tires) so i had a much heaver rotating mass then stock. I could tell the difference believe me but overall braking was still good so you shouldnt worry about it but it would be good to upgrade the brakes... you will see what im saying once you get your 20s bc it will feel different

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Do keep in account though that bigger rims does lower your gear ratio (making you slower off the line) and just mess up the accurace of your speedometer.  (just a little fyi)

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

ya bigger heavier rims would slow you down thats sorta a givin but i thought as long as you keep the outside diamiter of the tires the same your speedo should be fine... I know on my cobalt i can plus size to 20s and im within a few mm of the original size so it would be very close

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer