Question about rims.. (does this go here?)

oh ya forgot that was on the same body as the malibu not the cobalt... i hope you dont have the intention of changing your head unit. If i remember correctly gm put the dic in the headunit for those cars so you would need the expensive dash kit to keep you dic information and put a din sized aftermarket hu :V

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

I'm not sure about this, but I heard it at a shop. The owner was saying that new GM vehicles have something with them that if you replace the HU, it could also disable the airbag system. It may have been just with Onstar equipped vehicles, but I may be wrong. Have you heard of this too??

actually when i herd these rumors it pissed me off and i was all up in my dealers grill asking this and that... finally after a few visits with managers and calls to the main guy i was givin an exact wiring scheme... my airbags are linked thru the hu steering wheel/cruise controls not the head unit... infact because i didnt get onstar im able to get away with alot more customization... im just sad i dont have a sunroof

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Do keep in account though that bigger rims does lower your gear ratio (making you slower off the line) and just mess up the accurace of your speedometer.  (just a little fyi)

There are calculators to figure this out just like port calcs... just google tire calculator and you will find one. It will ask you to enter your stock tire size and then your new tire size. I know my 255-35-20s are 1.5 % slower then my stock 15s, so when Im doing 60mph, im actully only doing a little more then 59mph.

This is the calculator I used, seems to be decent. and I checked it against a few others and seemed to be alright. http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html