Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi so I have a 2006 Chevy Silverado 1500 I got 2 amps and a dsp and epicenter the main reason for this is because I have tweeter whine I already tried the noise filters those don’t work and I tried the trick of putting wire around the RCAs and grounding those and still had the noise it’s like a little whine and whenever I accelerate it gets louder I also noticed that even when I unplug the RCAs from the radio like the main rca it still produces the whine so I just need some type of help on how to fix this 😭😭

Posted

As a first step disconnect signal at the mids and highs amp and see if this disconnected but powered amp still shows the noise.

Posted

Its called a ground loop, and I have suffered from it as well. Make sure that you do not run your RCAs near your power cable. Also try grounding everything (amps, DSP) to the same spot. These tips resolved my issues. Hopefully this helps. 

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser

RF Power T1000 BDCP

RF Punch 400-4

2 P2D4 12's

Posted

The 1988 "run power wires away from signal wires" is basically dead now.  You need to figure out what the noise is. If it changes with rpm, then that is alternator "whine".  To me, its one of your 47 things inline ( 2 amps and a dsp and epicenter) and one of those introducing "noise".  If you pull the rca's from the deck (source) then its most likely the amplifier. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 735 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...