Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Problem- 5v on remote wire instead of 12


Recommended Posts

Posted
18 hours ago, Joe X said:

So that test shows that the amp works with a proper turn on signal, the turn on signal also works because the other amp works with it.

 

So if redoing the turn on signal line doesn't help what is likely happening is that the turn on signal from the head unit is too weak for the audiopipe amp, something pretty rare honestly.

 

There are 2 ways to fixing the problem:

 

1) find another turn on signal.

2) increase the strength of the turn on signal you have.

 

If you could tell us what head unit you have that would help, the power on antenna signal can be used as an amp turn on signal but it is not available in every head unit. The other signal you can use is from the ignition switch but it is not ideal.

 

 

 

 

 

Thank you for the help but I ended up figuring it out. I some how mixed up the placement of the power wire and remote wire, so the amp had constant remote power from the battery and, the “12v input” was getting power from the head unit causing the 5v. 
that’s why it was working fine out of the car but not in. 
got it all working though, thank you. 

Posted
17 hours ago, Jose1457 said:

Thank you for the help but I ended up figuring it out. I some how mixed up the placement of the power wire and remote wire, so the amp had constant remote power from the battery and, the “12v input” was getting power from the head unit causing the 5v. 
that’s why it was working fine out of the car but not in. 
got it all working though, thank you. 

Nicely done. Fuck ups happen. Getting them sorted, is the key. Good shit boss

Posted
19 hours ago, Jose1457 said:

Thank you for the help but I ended up figuring it out. I some how mixed up the placement of the power wire and remote wire, so the amp had constant remote power from the battery and, the “12v input” was getting power from the head unit causing the 5v. 
that’s why it was working fine out of the car but not in. 
got it all working though, thank you. 

 

No one has ever tried that one before that I know of... and  NO I wouldn't dare to try to power an amp with the turn on signal.

 

Wouldn't you mind to share what head unit you have?

 

In any case congrats, I like happy endings, a working system vs a head unit with a blown turn on signal.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1100 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...