Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

 Like the title states small problem. Looking for a 12 channel dsp in is crazy high cost.  I would like to upgrade the speakers and amps but is there a 12 channel dsp out under $900? I like the surround sound effect. 

Posted

Gotta pay to play.
You can upgrade the speakers, that could help increase sound quality provided you buy quality speakers.
 

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 110k miles | Stock

 

1996 GMC Yukon SLT 4dr 4wd | 260k miles | JVC Head-unit

Posted
On 11/7/2025 at 2:03 AM, ssmokeyy said:

 Like the title states small problem. Looking for a 12 channel dsp in is crazy high cost.  I would like to upgrade the speakers and amps but is there a 12 channel dsp out under $900? I like the surround sound effect. 

I run two NVX 6 ch dsp's they are $150 each I run two 4 ch amps and a two ch and two mono blocks amps for a 12 chs total..
4 ch for tweets a 4 ch for kicks and center ch and a 2 ch for door mids and two sub chs.
Simply replacing speakers as someone mentioned will not get you the surround clarity you are looking for I myself like to hear every last note and detail of the music..
It is like being center stage at a concert, you are on the right path bro keep us posted please...

  • 1 month later...
Posted

So I have ordered 

 

2 hertz 8 channel dsp

I have 2 alpine type x 4 channel amps

I have like 8 mono blocks to pick from

Found brand new 

Alpine type x components for the front and rear. Found alpine type s for center and surrounds.  Ordered alpine type r 12's 2 of them. Found a custom mdx wire harness that goes after the factory ampnto get all the signals to the dsp pair. Grom had a great deal for the vline 2 so android auto is now going in.  Its probably going to be a couple months before I do anything else. Im doing a theater upgrade and painting my f150 before I get back on this project. 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4797 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...