Ok, I have a multiple alternator setup and MLA module up front, along with an optima red top.

In the back I have 4 optima yellow tops. Big 3 is done, and all wiring is 1/0. I have 2 runs of 1/0 from the front to back, and 1 run of 1/0 ground.

All connections are attatched well.

On a burp at the front of the car the voltage is 14.5ish, but in back it drops to 12.5 at the amp.

I've checked all my batts too see if something is wrong with them and they rest at 12.8.

What else could it be?

I already ordered another roll of 1/0 and I'll be putting more in next week hopefully, but even that shouldn't make a 2v difference should it?

Thanks

Edited by tejcurrent

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Joo nede mo powa wyre. Seriously, 2 runs of 1/0 can't properly carry the current of all those alts. You should have a minimum 1 run of 1/0 per alt. I'd do at least 5 maybe 6 runs. The same goes for your grounds under the hood.

5 maybe 6 run? i'm sure 2 runs of + and 2 of - will do it. then again maybe 3 of it will help but 5 or 6, .........NO!. i might give you 4. anyways it might just be the optima(s) in the back. they are all deep cycle so they charge slow. maybe switching them to kinetik or powermaster will do it.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

5 maybe 6 run? i'm sure 2 runs of + and 2 of - will do it. then again maybe 3 of it will help but 5 or 6, .........NO!. i might give you 4. anyways it might just be the optima(s) in the back. they are all deep cycle so they charge slow. maybe switching them to kinetik or powermaster will do it.

Are you running the ground cable directly from the amp to the batteries? I would try adding another direct ground cable. Remember that you have to have the same conductivity for your - side as your + side, and steel chassis arn't as conductive as you might think.

well i speaking on adding grounds. i've got a + and - run of 1/0 in my truck. both are ran to my HC800 in the back, now my 1/0 run of - grounds my HC800. from there i have three amps will power up via a stinger 3 way distribution block (4 ga to each of the three amps). each of amp is grounded on the floor frame. when banging at full tilt i don't get much of a voltage drop. until i'm wanging it for quite some time (20-35 minutes straight) then i'll see it drop to around 12.9 and once i step on the gas it shoots right back up to 14.2.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

5 maybe 6 run? i'm sure 2 runs of + and 2 of - will do it. then again maybe 3 of it will help but 5 or 6, .........NO!. i might give you 4.

Yes I would do 5-6 runs to carry the current from 4 alternators. Definately at least 4 (I said minimum 1 per alt above).

i'm sure 2 runs of + and 2 of - will do it.

1 run of 1/0 wire will only adequately carry 300a of current. 2 runs just ain't carrying the current from all 4 alts.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

well i speaking on adding grounds. i've got a + and - run of 1/0 in my truck. both are ran to my HC800 in the back, now my 1/0 run of - grounds my HC800. from there i have three amps will power up via a stinger 3 way distribution block (4 ga to each of the three amps). each of amp is grounded on the floor frame. when banging at full tilt i don't get much of a voltage drop. until i'm wanging it for quite some time (20-35 minutes straight) then i'll see it drop to around 12.9 and once i step on the gas it shoots right back up to 14.2.

That's an alternator problem. They just don't put out enough at idle. It takes 20-35 minutes for your batteries to drop, then when you rev the engine up, the alt/s start making enough current to bring the voltage back up. This is very common, especially if you are running a 200+ amp alternator.

Yes I would do 5-6 runs to carry the current from 4 alternators. Definately at least 4 (I said minimum 1 per alt above).

1 run of 1/0 wire will only adequately carry 300a of current. 2 runs just ain't carrying the current from all 4 alts.

What RPM are you running these tests at? What kind of alternators are they?

What tests? His alts are Iraggis and even when sitting giving demos everyone revs the engine.

The voltage drop tests are what I was reffering to, but you answered my question when you said that your were reving the engine when you were measuring. They probably would be producing enough current to require more cabling at that point.