(12) 18" (insert Brand Here) Design

You lose all the output of the front wave from the subs firing backwards. With 6 18's you can't use the back of a cabin for an enclosure, it'll blow the doors open, so it won't act like a 4th order (might act like a really sloppy, leaky one.

There's ways to prevent the pressure leak with secured doors, but the rear six and the front six can be port tuned to work in conjunction for high numbers. It's like having a vertical wall of 12 18's but with only have the space.

Whenever I see the spl vehicles that have this wall of like 4 subs and a port so big you could see around the wall, I would think that the back wave and front wave would cancel out. But if you wire the rear six out of phase with the front, then the back wave of the rear six would equal the front wave of the front six, in theory.

Anyways, I was just doing a rough box design. I'd like to help someone with a design. But, I could not afford to build such setups on my own. That's why I just do the music.

Oh and the power, it's what ever you want to push through them. (12) 18's what, say about, um, 7,500w each= 6 t15k Rockford fosgate beasts installed in a custom amp rack that sits partially below the floor, stacked like slices of bread. :rolleyes:

Bass Music Producer • Photographer • Graphic Designer

--------------

Deep Sector Boom...

for 12 subs (18"s) i dont think you would be able to get enough air space inside that box, I would do the front six, maybe 8, then have good size box with properly tuned port.

I guess it would all depend on the subs and the tuning on how big the box should be, but i would assume there may not be enough air space for 12 - 18" subs..

Also, only porting half would mean half your subs would be hitting different frequencies than the other half?

and also, the sound waves from each half make interefere with the other half..?

Doing simple logic here...

06 SCION tC

and also, the sound waves from each half make interefere with the other half..?

I thought about this but figured the rear subs have a back wave going towards the front, the front subs have a back wave and a front wave going towards the front, why not have the back waves of the rear and the back waves of the front be what the main tuning of the vehicle would be. they might cancel out some of the front subs front wave.

--------------

Deep Sector Boom...

i dont see any vehicle havings a box this big, bread truck FTW! LOL

and if each sub had its own chamber are you going to have one long ass port going to the front? i dont understand how it they are all going to be ported to the front with each sub in a seperate chamber....

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

I just wanted to come up with a totally different idea than the usually setups. The specifics would be ironed out, if someone were to build it. I've actually come up with a similar setup but this time, NO cancellation on the front, heheh...

Edited by quakecitystudio

--------------

Deep Sector Boom...

Whenever I see the spl vehicles that have this wall of like 4 subs and a port so big you could see around the wall, I would think that the back wave and front wave would cancel out.

That's why these vehicles are only hitting about 175dB I guess.

Ports do funny things to phasing.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

hope your planning on buying a bread truck

I like the one the guy was driving in the movie.... " Borat goes to America"(or something like that) about that Italian dude who was driving a small ice cream truck that had a bear in the back that scared the sh... out of the neighborhood kids.

--------------

Deep Sector Boom...