Second Skin Audio

How do you calculate port for.....

TechSys

an enclosure like this?

76866722fullfh7.jpg

I've seen quite a few setups that have weird ports and just started wondering how to figure out how to do it

Team Pinnacle / Team SouthEastSPL / Team SoundStream / Team GPI / GPI Sales Rep for Florida and Georgia

tape a piece of cardboard to the back side and the front side, leaving a hole at the top...fill it with packaging  peanuts. then take the peanuts out and put them in a one cubic foot box until u figure how many cubes it is...

or just calculate the area for the two triangles and then for the little rectangle...and add them up.

sweet ass box by the way  :^

i likes me some audio stuff...

I can figure out the cubic feet of the enclosure with no problem. The problem is the size and weird shape of the port. Since the port tunes the box, how would you calculate the port?

The box itself looks pretty easy.

I don't know, I'm just looking at possibilities for the 6 15s I will have 2007 season. That box is just one of the possibilities, if I can figure out the port tuning.

Team Pinnacle / Team SouthEastSPL / Team SoundStream / Team GPI / GPI Sales Rep for Florida and Georgia

oh..i thought u were talking about how much displacement the port consisted of. if you are talking about how to tune it, then im not sure. i dont know if the odd shape changes the equation used to determine frequency or if u can just find the area of the shape and set your length based on your desired tuning, like you would normally do...

i likes me some audio stuff...

ever do the 2- triangles, + rectangle trick yet? And if so, are you talking about a removeable port, that you can start long with, then keep cutting down to find cabin gain?

If your talking about finding cabin gain-tuning the box to the cabin, then Id suggest a easier design, something that will fit on the table saw to cut down... hehe

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Archived