Sonic Electronix

Powering 2 18 Fi Bl's, On A *budget* Help Please...

id stay away from it, they claim it does 3000 watts..but its not clean solid watts..i mean its like gas..sure the unleaded will work in your car but its not clean and eventually can and will become bad for your engine..there will be some people who will post and will swear this is the best thing out there..but take it with a grain of salt..and always remember you get what YOU pay for..

i thought it was to good to be true. Now im back at square 1 again. I currently have 1MMATT's D1100.2, does nealy 850-900watts @ 14v, could buying 1 more of that amp for a total of 2 D1100.2 be enough to power these 2 18"s?? These are damn good amps, and seem very under rated. Well....shit, if these mmatts amps are 2ohm, would I need to order 1x1vc setup, or 2x2 vc setup? of course assuming 2 D1100.2 amps will be enough balls to power these speakers. I currently have my 1 D1100.2 beating on 3 12 mmatts p2.5's. Sounds great, but always need more.

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

you know i was going to post some suggestions that would be a 2 amp set up each amp around 1000 watts..but it would still come to round $650..and youd be better off just getting a kicker zx2500.1 for that price..honestly the on ly thing i can see for $500 or less is the crunch..

wait i had a brain fart..i just remembered something

hifonics brutus bxi2608d on ebay new for $400-$425

* RMS Power @ 4 ohms : 850 x 1

* RMS Power @ 2 ohms : 1700 x 1

* RMS Power @ 1 ohms : 2600 x 1

-----------------------------------------------------------------

another one is Audioque 2200D

4 ohm power 740 x 1

2 ohm power 1300 x 1

1 ohm power 2200 x 1

price is $389

http://www.audioque.com/aq/AQamps2200D.htm

wait i had a brain fart..i just remembered something

hifonics brutus bxi2608d on ebay new for $400-$425

* RMS Power @ 4 ohms : 850 x 1

* RMS Power @ 2 ohms : 1700 x 1

* RMS Power @ 1 ohms : 2600 x 1

-----------------------------------------------------------------

another one is Audioque 2200D

4 ohm power 740 x 1

2 ohm power 1300 x 1

1 ohm power 2200 x 1

price is $389

http://www.audioque.com/aq/AQamps2200D.htm

OK, so which to you is the better AMP (I think however they all made by the same parent company maxxsonic?) The crunch 3000pro, or the hifonics brutus series? I need a 4channel amp aswell, so if I go hifonics, I can get a hifonics 4 channel as well. Damn, I know these amps are "cheap power" but is it clean power? If these amps are somewhat respectable, then I will buy them, thus saving me 100's of dollars with NOT going with mmats amps.

OK, so which to you is the better AMP (I think however they all made by the same parent company maxxsonic?) The crunch 3000pro, or the hifonics brutus series? I need a 4channel amp aswell, so if I go hifonics, I can get a hifonics 4 channel as well. Damn, I know these amps are "cheap power" but is it clean power? If these amps are somewhat respectable, then I will buy them, thus saving me 100's of dollars with NOT going with mmats amps.

ya crunch and hofonics are made by the same company..from what i was told a few days ago the audioque amp is a little better quality then the hifonics and form what was understood from a few weeks ago was that the hifonics is made with better quality material then the crunch so in order from highest to lowest it would be

1)audioque

2)hifonics

3)crunch

ya crunch and hofonics are made by the same company..from what i was told a few days ago the audioque amp is a little better quality then the hifonics and form what was understood from a few weeks ago was that the hifonics is made with better quality material then the crunch so in order from highest to lowest it would be

1)audioque

2)hifonics

3)crunch

you are extremely helpful for me, and I appreciate ya. Thanks bro.

i try when i can man..hope it all works out for you..

OK, the audioque AQ2200D is what im going with. Looks similair in style to the old school US AMps! Is there any ETA when the 3500model might be out, and at what price?

*UPDATE** I called audioque, and spoke to a guy and said that the 3500model will be ready to purchase next week for 659shipped! Still going with the 2200model though. Nice to be able to buy an amp, and have a person to call if I run into issues.....

lol how are you going to tell the guy a crunch is dirty power and not worth it ( it is worth the 450 BTW) and then reccomend a piece of shir BXI series hifonics amp thats lower on the totem pole.

The AQ will do the job for you, but theres nothing wrong with the crunch if you wanted to go that route. Yea its not the best amp out there but its a better amp all around then any BXI Hifonics.

it shouldn't be too hard for him to find what he is looking for.... I got each of mine individually powered by rockford t10001s and I paid 600 shipped for the pair. That was a while back, and I have seen the same amps on sale for 500 shipped a pair on this forum....maybe that will be a better route than searching for one amp at .5 ohms?

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

Archived