Second Skin Audio

Louder 15" On Sundown1500?

Decaf

OKAY no offense and I'm trying to not be a douche but it has been said several times that a nightshade is not going to sound as good or better than a Q so why put it on the list? :nea::unknw: Some1 on this forum is selling a new XXX 15" for $650 shipped....even on 1500w that XXX (new one) is gonna pound and sound good doing it..

honestly listen to the suggestion of the AP Revo...its 1500w (conservative rating) its gonna sound better than a Q get louder than a Q and handle the power and its $510.... :DAudioPulse Revo

edit: and as far as the lows the XXX or the Revo are gonna straight murder the low end...

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

I ran 2 lvl 3 12s off a SAZ1500 and gains set to 1500 with dmm. Subs took it just fine other than the voltage drop due to poor electrical. I hit 142.6 with the two 12s(legal dash) box was tuned around 37. Now I run 2 nightshade 15s on 1 SAZ1500 at .5 ohm with a better electrical system and hit 145.9(legal dash). DC lvl 3's were great sounding and great product IMO and would recommend them to anyone. Now I'm sure with a better built box and better electrical system I would have done better with the 2 lvl 3s. I am also very happy with my nightshades they sound great but I am tuned around 35 in the new setup. These are the only two I have experience with and I think you'd be happy with the SQ of either. As far as SPL you wont know till you build it.

Rebuild coming soon

OKAY no offense (im offended... lol) and I'm trying to not be a douche (u r... too late...lol) but it has been said several times that a nightshade is not going to sound as good or better than a Q so why put it on the list? (cause i can.. j/p cause im willing to scarifice some sq but most say a nightshade is a little brother re mt) :nea::unknw: Some1 on this forum is selling a new XXX 15" for $650 shipped (i only want to spend 500ish)... even on 1500w that XXX (new one) is gonna pound and sound good doing it.. (id rather put 2-2500 on a new xxx... and id get an axis if i was going to do that)

honestly listen to the suggestion of the AP Revo...its 1500w (conservative rating) its gonna sound better than a Q get louder than a Q and handle the power and its $510.... :DAudioPulse Revo

edit: and as far as the lows the XXX or the Revo are gonna straight murder the low end... (well i need too cause i will be competing soon enough... and i peak very low so i just wanted some suggestions from some knowledgable guys)

thanks tho... i just need a change of pace, the q is doing its job but i want something different

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

I ran 2 lvl 3 12s off a SAZ1500 and gains set to 1500 with dmm. Subs took it just fine other than the voltage drop due to poor electrical. I hit 142.6 with the two 12s(legal dash) box was tuned around 37. Now I run 2 nightshade 15s on 1 SAZ1500 at .5 ohm with a better electrical system and hit 145.9(legal dash). DC lvl 3's were great sounding and great product IMO and would recommend them to anyone. Now I'm sure with a better built box and better electrical system I would have done better with the 2 lvl 3s. I am also very happy with my nightshades they sound great but I am tuned around 35 in the new setup. These are the only two I have experience with and I think you'd be happy with the SQ of either. As far as SPL you wont know till you build it.

i wish i peaked higher cause it would open up my options but i would need to tune to 30-29hz... thus my problem

i think of it as the best of both worlds, to be considered daily usually its a lower tuned box than a spl... but for me....

if i tune higher than 35hz i seriously miss out on the best sounding notes in the car, and i love low songs so id be playing closer to tuning more often... which equals lots of heat!

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

i am looking into parker g/1quickstangs deal on bnib 15" revo d2.... would it be happier with a sundown1500d or aq2200

and i might just wait for a lvl4xl since its ~375..... but i dont want to miss out on the deal on the revo... so yeah thats why im indecisive

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

updated

2 12 fi ssd stock (doesnt seem like anyone likes these)

1 15 dc lvl4xl (if i can wait)

1 15 audiopulse revo (never heard one)

1 15 04-05 re xxx (if i can find)

in 3.5cuft@30hz no matter the sub(s)

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Archived