Sonic Electronix

your friend is an idiot.

tell him to stfu and listed to someone who knows wtf theyre talkin about

i talked to him today and he said that he has been talking to kenwood themselves so he knows they know what they are talking about and that they have never hurd of an amp overheating...so he can just run it all he wants and it wont overhead bc it had a fan in the amp....and if it did overheat then they will refund him...well i told him thats a bunch of bull bc they wond refund u under consumer abuse which is what he is doing...i know he hasnt talked to them, he just lieing

2 AQ 10'' HDC3 copper subs

1 3500d AQ amp

146.3db on TL with stock electrical in single cab truck at 32hz

RESULT: 1st place at comp, 3rd overall out of 20 cars

heres some feedback...DUMBASS!!!!

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

+1!!!!!

looks like hes going to be having a hard time reading this feed but it will be good for him....maybe he will listen to me now

1 3500d AQ amp

odds are his amp keeps shutting off because its a kenwood!!! i had the same problem whether i ran it at 2 or 4 ohm, about 40 seconds full tilt is all i could get out of it......tell him to listen, there is ALWAYS someone who knows more then you and you should always be willing to learn more

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

he wont join bc he alread knows what he is doing, im just trying to get enough feed back and im printing it out and giving it to him and leaving it alot...if he blows them he blows them ive done tried to help he just wont listen to me

ps. put it this way he had 8guage wire runing to him bat to power this stuff and burned the wire twice bf chaning it to 4guage. not the best just some knock off brand but atleast he did that.....lol

you just gotta sit back and do a couple of those " i told ya so's " and maybe he'll listed

one of my homeboys is the same way

I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores!

SMD SUPER SELLER

my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/

more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/

Tips for your friend;

1) Two four ohm woofers in parallell does in fact come out to the good 'ol 'assumed 2 ohm' impedance. Of course, there is rise and what not to consider. However, when an amplifier is run below it's rated impedance, it draws far too much power for the supplies to handle, and generates far too much heat for the heatsinks to dissipate. It is rated for a good reason.

2) Just because an amplifier is fan cooled, does not mean it will not overhead. Besides, those amplifiers have a poxy, piss weak little 40-60mm fan cooling the board. It is not like a professional amplifier which uses fan forced heat sinks and heat extraction. And even they overheat.

3) Look at the mounting position. Is it in direct sunlight?

4) RED MEANS STOP. IF THERE ARE RED LIGHTS DURING OR AFTER OPERATION, FIX THE PROBLEM.

I could say more, but I've had a good day today.

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

a 3.2 ohm load doesnt exist.

A 4 ohm speaker will typically read 3.2 ohms if you measure it with a DMM after subtracting residual resistance...

36CFDEF1-F93D-4FA3-9934-64EE2EC94080-2856-0000071FCFA47672.png.ebe82e417eabc5f239a4adf293b099f9.png

Previous 150+ daily rides:

Volvo 240 wagon 2 x DD Audio 9915s walled, Isuzu Trooper 6 x DD Audio 3515s walled clamshell, Lexus LX470  2 x Kicked Solo X 18s, Lexus LS400 4  x American Bass HD18 walled

SMD - System of The Month August 2008

My Youtube Videos

A 4 ohm speaker will typically read 3.2 ohms if you measure it with a DMM after subtracting residual resistance...

well i didnt know that. learned something new. But the has it wired wierd not in par. He has two subs each in sep boxes and has the wires coming from the subs join toether outside the box before you hookes them to the amp so he only has one wire to the amp...and he bridges that wire...so what ohm would that be?

1 3500d AQ amp

plus once the subwoofer is moving its CONSTANTLY changing the ohm load. hoow up a volt meter to a sub, set it to the ohm setting and push on the sub and you will see it fluxuate greatly. there NEVER at exact ohm of what you think they should be.

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!