i dont mind BB and CC employees..

they may not know much, but they know a lot (like david said) to someone who doesnt have a clue...

yes most of us here know more then any of them, but there just doin there job..

maybe the ones we think dont know anything are just gettin into the stereo world and are learning just like the rest of us had to at one point..

some are just slower then others..

just my .02

www.myspace.com/trob10

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-x792

Rockford Fosgate Punch 5x7"

DC Audio level 3 12"

DC Audio 1000.1

Stinger wiring

DCSig.jpg

i cant speak about all best buys but i know the one in natomas on truxel they cant install alarms for shit, they screwed up alot of shit in my car, they spliced wires and left them open causing fuses to blow, they broke my trim pieces trying to take them off,didnt hook up my remote start like they were suppose to, gave me a broken remote that they admitted to knowing about, i came back 20 mins after dropping my car off to get the diaper bag to find them playing my system hella loud, poked a hole in my seat from a tool in the guys pocket then said oh its not that big, ill never go there again, but every place has their issues. gotta learn from our mistakes

Edited by 99vic

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

Technically we (every best buy Car audio employee) has to go through computer learnings that should teach even the biggest car audio retards the difference between a DVC sub and a SVC. Evidently the person the OP was talking to did not do his learnings, and thus looks ignorant. Everyone who works @ best buy has the chance to learn pretty much anything they want to know about car audio...you just have to do the training.

You're not the only one. I constantly have kids coming in trying to "stump" me by asking stupid ass questions about the products we sell, and naturally they are really easy to answer since we only sell basic equipment. It kind of makes me feel better about myself, cause some of the kids actually end up coming back later on asking genuine questions, and I end up selling them stuff and I end up looking better to my managers.

Real Talk! I've been at best buy for 4 years now, but for the past year, I've kept it as a weekend job. I've been in CA department for about 2.

01X atleast you get to go through some tracks, some (mine) stores are so gay they have a SOP on what radio channel all stereos should be on. ofcourse we don't follow it, but dont push it over the limit by playing some explicit content. Our boom room, doesn't have any automatic volume level control, Canadian stores have a lot of catching up to do.

I see Booty

2007 Toyota Camry

19" VMR Rims

H&R Lowering Springs.

Magnaflow Exhaust System

K&N Air Intake

6k HID Projectors & Fogs w/ Black housed headlights.

Optima Yellow Top - Front. Kinetik HC 600 - Trunk

Kenwood KVT-617

Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.2

Rockford Fosgate T2001-BD - Sub Amp

Alpine MRV F-345 - Front stage

Front Stage - A pillars - Dayton Audio 4" mids w/ Vifa Tweeters

Front Doors - Vifa - 6.5" midbass 1" Vifa Tweeters

Subwoofers - 2x 12" Image Dynamics IDMAX - 2.91 cuft ported enclosure tuned at 25hz

i cant speak about all best buys but i know the one in natomas on truxel they cant install alarms for shit, they screwed up alot of shit in my car, they spliced wires and left them open causing fuses to blow, they broke my trim pieces trying to take them off,didnt hook up my remote start like they were suppose to, gave me a broken remote that they admitted to knowing about, i came back 20 mins after dropping my car off to get the diaper bag to find them playing my system hella loud, poked a hole in my seat from a tool in the guys pocket then said oh its not that big, ill never go there again, but every place has their issues. gotta learn from our mistakes

You do know that you can claim all the damages and bad installs they did right? (assuming u haven't) BB has a lifetime install warranty, on top of that any damage to the car is claimable. I'd suggest you go back and go talk straight with the general manager there. "Not that big a hole" is not an excuse dawg

I see Booty

2007 Toyota Camry

19" VMR Rims

H&R Lowering Springs.

Magnaflow Exhaust System

K&N Air Intake

Kenwood KVT-617

Subwoofers - 2x 12" Image Dynamics IDMAX - 2.91 cuft ported enclosure tuned at 25hz

I used to work at a CC roadshop and Im willing to bet Im not a retard in any aspect of car audio and am probably more knowledgeable than a good majority of this site. dont lump them all together.

Werd. I spent a few years working at various CC Roadshops in CEN FL and all I can say is that not all installers at the retail chains are complete idiots. Few and far between I will agree with tho. ;)

A half-wit gave you a piece of his mind, and you held on to it.

My Youtube vids...enjoyDC.jpgdcsig-1.jpg2pt8a6w.png

anythings possible with the right build =] we accept visa and mastercard =]

You do know that you can claim all the damages and bad installs they did right? (assuming u haven't) BB has a lifetime install warranty, on top of that any damage to the car is claimable. I'd suggest you go back and go talk straight with the general manager there. "Not that big a hole" is not an excuse dawg

i keep calling and trying to talk to some one but they tell me its only lifetime on certain things bla bla ,i should turn it into my insurance, i dont really want to drive 49 miles there for nothing but if i can get my stuff fixed then i will. they gave me a $50 gift card for the guy getting smart with me when i complained to them there. but thats not going to get my parts fixed, im still stuck paying 370 on my credit card, cant do anything with the gift card because they say i cant put it towards my bill and i dont shop at best buy either so its been sitting in my wallet for about 4 mos but im giong to go down to sac so ill swing by and talk to the big person in charge there.

Edited by 99vic

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

i keep calling and trying to talk to some one but they tell me its only lifetime on certain things bla bla ,i should turn it into my insurance, i dont really want to drive 49 miles there for nothing but if i can get my stuff fixed then i will. they gave me a $50 gift card for the guy getting smart with me when i complained to them there. but thats not going to get my parts fixed, im still stuck paying 370 on my credit card, cant do anything with the gift card because they say i cant put it towards my bill and i dont shop at best buy either so its been sitting in my wallet for about 4 mos but im giong to go down to sac so ill swing by and talk to the big person in charge there.

I hate to say it, b ut you're never gonna get best buy to do anything about it now, cause there is a waiver you signed when you picked up your car saying that is was in the same condition it was when you brought it in. It is your responsibility to check it out when you come back BEFORE you sign the paper. You already signed it since you got your car back, and as far as best buy is concerned you were happy with the job they did. You have to make surre to check out everything before you sign your name on anything. It works just like taking to to a mechanic's shop.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

I hate to say it, b ut you're never gonna get best buy to do anything about it now, cause there is a waiver you signed when you picked up your car saying that is was in the same condition it was when you brought it in. It is your responsibility to check it out when you come back BEFORE you sign the paper. You already signed it since you got your car back, and as far as best buy is concerned you were happy with the job they did. You have to make surre to check out everything before you sign your name on anything. It works just like taking to to a mechanic's shop.

Though thats 100% true, I've seen some managers make an exception, even after the customer notices it later... It's gonna be hard for him to get something done, considering it's been a while now.

I see Booty

2007 Toyota Camry

19" VMR Rims

H&R Lowering Springs.

Magnaflow Exhaust System

K&N Air Intake

Kenwood KVT-617

Off topic somewhat, but it involves best buy. I was working today(Best buy of course), and I had hands down the dumbest customer ever today. I had a kid come in asking for 15" pioneer subs, 12" kicker L5's and 10" MTX's...so I was like...ummm. we dont sell 15's, kicker, or MTX, so you're out of luck. Then I asked what cars he was hooking up, and he said his buddy told him to put all of these in one car, and it would "Slam like no other." I then proceed to try and explain the down side to mixing brands and sizes only to be met with a blank stare. He says ok I guess I will go to CC, cause those guys know what they're talking about. The sad part is he is really not much worse than most people I have to deal with every day, at least most of the do-it yourselfer's. I try to help people, but most people think they know more than me since I am only a BB employee after all.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

We dont carry amps over 1000 watts, and we dont sell subs bigger than 12"...I dunno why.

Our wall automatically turns itself down after 30 sec. The "boom room" doesn't do that though, so there is always someone in there cranking them up and walking off...I personally think it is funny, I just wish we could get some new CD's in there. Im tired of hearing the same 19 songs all day every day.

depending on what radio and how the room is set up you can change the cd. we used to pop the trim piece off, then the face plate would come off. it took a few minutes but we could get it. i got tired of doing that though and installed a pioneer with the ipod cable so i could just plug that in. corporate does not care what is played as long as it is edited.

----reference's----

meade916