hey i was just screwing around an decided to share...

so i was bored and pulled out the multimeter on my kicker kx2500.1 and with a stock alt and battery and all, when volume gets loud at all, voltage goes as low as 10.0! :V then amp turns off. haha just thought i'd share.  a 300 amp alt is already in the mail though..  :D

SMDsigbannr4.jpg

play Moola.com its actually fun and free...

click here to join Money games!

its just games with free money!

10V???!!!  :o

It's a good thing you have an alt. coming, or you might need an extra battery quick.

When you receive your alt. make sure you do the 'big 3' upgrade with at least 1/0 wire. You want to use as much from the alt as possible.

Good luck with the alt !! :^

Make sure your battery cells didn't go to shit, sometimes when it drops that low it tends to overstress the grid and crack cells.

Try and give the batery a shake make sure it sounds solid and nothing lose in it

man...ive dropped in the 7's with my car off and still my amp doesnt switch of, solar ftw

same here but mine drops to low 8's amp still going strong tho. ill be getting a new battery tho

A Vat-40 would hlp you a lot by turning the knob to enough load to where it would tel you exactly at how many amps the voltage drops to 10...

Those things are useful if you know how to use em :^