Skyline or Corvette?

if they were both 1000hp, a big clunky big block 427, with 800-1000hp matched up with same hp on a half the weight v6/I6 twin turbo, and Iam sure the Skyline is a few hundred lbs lighter, but still, that Linger has a 0-60 of 1.6/1.8sec, and a top speed over 200mph.... I think the Skyline has a weight advantage, and the awd advantage, but the Lingen is just faster on the line.... Ofcourse american cars are great on oval tracks, but the Skyline would kill the vette on street race, or where the race has lots of sharp turns... But I think the topic was based more on realistic raceing, stock to stock, or moderate upgrades... And I thought a true Skyline was illegal in US?   It is in Cali last I heard

umm... http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupe/...st_results.html

0-60 in 4.3

but ya skyline fully decked out on gran turismo was sweet

not sure what package that is but im assuming its the lowest one that bumps the bph to 616 and the rwhp to 524

now the one he is talking about isnt advertised on the site and im pretty sure is for track only because i doubt something like that could be street legal... anyway its 1038 rwhp... they have a few videos of it (6th down)

http://www.lingenfelter.com/LingenfelterMovies.htm

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

if they were both 1000hp, a big clunky big block 427, with 800-1000hp matched up with same hp on a half the weight v6/I6 twin turbo, and Iam sure the Skyline is a few hundred lbs lighter, but still, that Linger has a 0-60 of 1.6/1.8sec, and a top speed over 200mph.... I think the Skyline has a weight advantage, and the awd advantage, but the Lingen is just faster on the line.... Ofcourse american cars are great on oval tracks, but the Skyline would kill the vette on street race, or where the race has lots of sharp turns... But I think the topic was based more on realistic raceing, stock to stock, or moderate upgrades... And I thought a true Skyline was illegal in US?   It is in Cali last I heard

umm... http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupe/...st_results.html

0-60 in 4.3

but ya skyline fully decked out on gran turismo was sweet

not sure what package that is but im assuming its the lowest one that bumps the bph to 616 and the rwhp to 524

now the one he is talking about isnt advertised on the site and im pretty sure is for track only because i doubt something like that could be street legal... anyway its 1038 rwhp... they have a few videos of it (6th down)

http://www.lingenfelter.com/LingenfelterMovies.htm

thats the same car as the one in the motor trend article hence they are selling under the motor trend shoot out car but it got such a crappy score mainly cause it couldnt get any grip on the road if it had slicks it would be doin a quarter in around 9 flat

lol it doesnt have more power than the lingenfelter corvette you cant compare a skyline to a corvetter first of all those prices are totally different the skylines price is in the ferrari range not corvette

but that lingenfelter corvette would burn the skyline in a straight out drag but on a track since the skyline has allwheel drive it would most likely win depending on the driver... but the lingenfelter corvette would still be more fun to drive... only set back is that youd have to change the rear tires every week most likely lol...

have you ever Raced a Suped up All wheel Drive Car? I have with my stang, I raced a Subaru WRX STI modded to the max, the guy revved it up to about 8000rpm and just dumped the clutch no wheel spin no smoking the tires JUST GONE and I mean he was gone, now Imagine a car that was similuar but with alot more power, and somewhere on the net is a vid of one with over 600hp  yea they cost alot money  but the lingenfelter vette is well over a 100k  and would lose if hp was equal, Id bet my pay check on it, its lighter, its all wheel drive and has the same hp bye bye vette. even in a striaght up drag race.

now Im as american as guy could be,  but I would take that R34 over the lingenfelter vette any day of the week and 2x on sundays, just becuase you like things based on what you see in movies, doesnt mean I do, Im a Racing Freak, a car freak, a HP freak I knew about this car before that dumb ass movie and  Gran Trismo.