Got Metered Today - Bass Race 140-149.9 Class

I only had to do qualifying since I was the only one in that class. Everybody was in the 130-139.9 class due to it being an SPLmax cup event and the first place winner of that class would win $100. I just wanted to get a personal best, which I did but not by much. I was still pretty happy though.

A whopping 146.7dB on music. Song play was track 8 on Lil Jon and the East Side Boys - Kings of Crunk.

A lot of driving for only 30seconds of fun. It will probably be my last show, unless one is in my area, since gas prices are skyrocketing. Thinking about putting the van in storage and working on it for a while. Anyways, not sure how the video turned out, but here is my run.

Click here to watch Bass-Race-Qualifying-6-21-08

I've made a promise to myself. I will be in the 150 class the next time my van competes. So until I know for a fact that I can get in the 50s, no more events.

Team Pinnacle / Team SouthEastSPL / Team SoundStream / Team GPI / GPI Sales Rep for Florida and Georgia

146 is actually pretty loud( to me ). people dont realize until they put there head inside.

I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores!

SMD SUPER SELLER

my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/

more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/

146 is actually pretty loud( to me ). people dont realize until they put there head inside.

x2 Brandon. I tell the kiddos out here if you can break a 140 you not doing too bad. and 146 will deff shake you up a lil...good job man!

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Whats in there?

4 soundStream SPLX-154 on a SoundStream xxx6500d. Soon to be going to 8 splx-154 subs on 2 xxx-6500d amps

Why not just compete in 1 class lower until it is ready for the higher class so you can practice on timing and whatever you guys do.

I wanted to do my personal best. I wasn't worried about the money, or even beating anybody else. I wanted to beat my best score. I could drop down to the 130-139.9 class and get a constant 139.9, but.... wasn't worth it to me. I was the loudest of the day in bass race (thank god none of the Florida heavy hitters showed up or I would have had to fight harder).

To me competing is about bettering myself, not winning against others. If I am louder the others at the time, well, then I did win against not only them, but myself also.

I do see a 150+ with the current setup, just got to find the right song to do it with. Now that my team has access to a meter, well... I may hold off on the other 4 subs and amp just to see that 150+ being broke by myself.

I also found out that I really need to get some deadener in the van, which will help my score out some. There is no deadener from the baffle to the windshield, and very little in the back. One thing I did forget to do, and it gave me a couple dB last time I tested in the van. I forgot to lean the passenger seat forward all the way. May have hit a 148 just by doing that.

Wish I could have gotten a video of the coke bottle dancing in the floorboard.

Team Pinnacle / Team SouthEastSPL / Team SoundStream / Team GPI / GPI Sales Rep for Florida and Georgia

Still a nice score Dennis. If ya need access to a Termlab let me know...I do have one and I work down in Jax. Stopping by and doing some metering would not be a problem. ;)

A half-wit gave you a piece of his mind, and you held on to it.

My Youtube vids...enjoyDC.jpgdcsig-1.jpg2pt8a6w.png

anythings possible with the right build =] we accept visa and mastercard =]

what if you added anothe 6500D to the current set-up. i know those SPLX's take like 8K RMS a piece or something.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

The SPLX's are only rated at 1,000, 2,000 burp. Don't think they'd handle 8k for too long. I have thought about adding another 6500 just to see, but I don't really have the recone money right now. Plus I have been wanting 8 of these subs for quite a while now, it's just about time to go ahead and do just that. Maybe then I'll be up there with the heavy hitters from Florida that visit this forum. :)