Sundown Audio

Rockford In Comps

Nice combo there

Yea, I was kinda nervous about getting 50 watt x2 amp. But according to the power sheet on RF.com it is massively underrated. If that is true, it seems to me to be the bargain of the century. 179% over rated power! :wub:

Edited by sonic purity

n2caraudio.com

Polecat hit it on the head. And . . . think bigger . . . like 572 . . .

thanks Tony, I think we BOTH know that's how it really is, but sometimes feeding it has lower ramifications, than most think :)

Ok, Ok...572 :D

Behind every great man....is an underwear tag!

I use 2 t40001 amps in my spl ride which can bass race as well, I bought and paid for them and never look to RF asking for free gear, but a few amp "adjustments" and sometimes repair is all I really ask for as a competitor. Sponsership seems pretty rare now days but it's out there. It's a game of what can u do for the manufacture, not good when most competiton cars are closed up tinted windows and kept secret. I am not saying I have the loudest car, but people love to see what makes the car so loud, then when they see all RF it really makes a impression on them. In the shows the real thrill is sitting dumping and being one of the loudest cars there thats playing and u will get people looking. Hell we are at a show 4-6 hours get's boring if u don't have a lot of people to talk to. RF amps do fine with competitors.

Edited by sactownstang

dont forget about me :D

i havent ran in the lanes in a few but dont think i havent.....over 80 times, and when i did, it was Rockford Power in my rides for EVERY one of the shows.

both snafu and polecat couldnt have said it better btw...

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

FWIW people love coming to a show and seeing the big names they expect RF Kicker JL Alpine Optima to be the best, when they hear names like FI Stetsom Kinetik they percieve less quality cause they don't know much about the product. Ya the guy with 2 18" FI was louder, but they remember a Rockford MTX Kicker JL type setup.

Does the bigger manufacture need as much sponsership? Probally not, but u see smaller companys giving stickers and making a name for the company as well.

Edited by sactownstang

bro dont be nervous. anything that has RF on it IS good.

I am only nervous because I quit using RF over 10 year ago when I bought two of the black and silver amp that are shaped like a bell. I was very disappointed with not only the power output, but the SQ. Before that I had run the punch 75 and 150, then I ran the dsm series. I forget the exact model numbers.

After seeing some of the builds on this site, especially Steve's. I figured, if you these guys are dumping this much money into these builds and using RF equipment, I should give em another shot. Plus I been reading alot of reviews and articles on the t-series.

Edited by sonic purity

n2caraudio.com

I have heard people say that you dont see Rockford Fosgate amps being run at SPL competitions. Is this true? I dont go to comps, so I wouldnt know. Anyone been to some serious comps and seen what is being run at em?
yea it just like me i love there shit but when it come time to go to a bassoff\soundoff i do not like to run there amp for that but on the street there ok dat just like i went to a bassoff an the guy looked at my system an said um 3 punch 700s (an i told him 1 on my mids & 2 on my subs ) umm so dat 2100 watt class wit 2 12s. dat y

i use my audiobahn amp for comps cause its rated at 2 x 200watts rms @ 4 [email protected] but on the other handit all so 1 x 1600watts rms @ 1 [email protected] so when i go they be like ok your in da 400watt class wit 2 12s