Sundown Audio

Amp(s) for the BTLs...Help me pick

Ernesto

:whistling:Do u really think that Colossus is going to give him a true 3200rms? I think it would probably do about 2800 like the T2k if it even got that much.....It probably would get 3200 but thats probably at 16v. I like maxxsonics amps but Hifonics is one of there mid brands. Ive u havent already gotten the dual 0.7ohm subs then for $700 Id try to find some of the new maxxsonics autotek MM3000.1Ds (they are linkable now,the same price,its a better amp and u'll be sure ur getting all ur power then). Dude from maxxsonics told me the ohm thing wouldnt work but when I called them back and really broke everything down to them then they said it would be fine for the odd numbered ohms of the BTLs cuz of rise.

wrong i clamped my Colossus at 3800, 3725, 3450, and 3820 for the 4 that i have owned.

and they will outpower the autotek counterpart all day

for your Info, all Gen XX amps make there rated power @ 12 volts, the BXI line makes its rated power @ 14.4 volts,  I would love to Run 2 XX Cyclops to my 18's

what about a massive p3000 ? does 3000w at 2 ohm... not really 1 ohm stable though.. :ranting2:

Nah need some thing that is 1ohm stable.
Why dont u just do T2k s and be done....if price is what ur worried about then get some refurbed Rockfords. U'll still get like 2800 rms outta the T2k or do the Adassa Warlords
I would do two T4000.1s refurbished if they came with warranty...I haven't been able to find any that come with "a real warranty".

yep....Highdesertaudio on ebay is Rockford I believe. And they give u a 90day warranty. Thats straight from Rockford. Its about $1100. I think I might try that Adassa Warlord amp in my Cutty on a pair of BTL 12s. They say it does 5K rms at 14v. If that performs well then once i get started on my truck Id do 4-BTL 15s with (2) Adassa Conqueror amps. They say thats getting 8K rms at 14v.

00114-1.jpgTEAM MechMan Alternators

You have no idea do you???    Go check out www.rockfordfosgate.com and then come back after you read up on them some. They're worth the money.

worth is in the eye of the beholder they are quality, but IMO i wont pay the price some of the amps from them cost

Archived