Second Skin Audio

Best?

Any recommendations on the best sub, by opinion, to run on 500 watts continuous? Doesn't matter about enclosure size or whether sealed or vented. It will go in a trail blazer for my brother. I have a 500/1 I am not using and want to let him use it in his truck. sub, enclosure size, and tuning frequency if possible or applicable. He really likes when a sub is very accurate and punchy, yet powerful when he really wants it to be. All suggestions welcome. Was thinking 12" fi q. Any opinions?

Loud as f*ck, and sounds good doing it.

Team built from here on out!!!!

BIG things to come.........

Missing link is the shite!!!

SMDMafiaEagleScorpio1.jpg

bannerfans_8aed9634.png

With 500 watts I would take a SSD over a Q. I sold my 12" SSD to a friend and he is powering it with a 400 watt amp and it actually pounds pretty good in an accord.

That box was 2 cubic feet and tuned to 34.... I thought it sounded good for what it is.

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz

Depends how much is going to be spent. For a low budget sub I would suggest a dual 4 ohm Type R. Those get loud with very little power and can also take some power if thrown at it. You can get one off of ebay for $120 shipped. But if you want to spend a little more go with one of the Fi subs, or try an Ascendent Audio too. I'm extremely happy with my new Sundown subs, but unless you have a couple of thousand watts and want to spend some more $ I would try a smaller sub.

Archived