2/3 Of My New Psu's Are Not Working

I bought three new 350 watt Fortron FSP power supplies to power a car amplifier in my bedroom. I was going to cut every single wire on the psu except for the green, red, black and yellow. So I did and I think I left a few strands of wire from the brown wire touching some other part in the psu. Hot glued the other exposing wires to prevent shorts. Plugged it in, turned it on. The psu fan moves 1 cm and the power supply just shuts off. I kept on looking in the psu to find if something was shorting it out, but nothing. I then did the same to my second psu, this time, much more carefully making sure not a single wire is touching any other parts. But it failed too but the fan moved for two seconds. Ahh about $75 down the tubes.. help please? :cray: But if I do need to get two new ones I can probably get it off my friend's dad for $50 new.

Btw I'm new to this so :hi:

Mids/Highs: stock Bang & Olufsen

Lows: Image Dynamics IDMax 12v.3

Power: Sony Xplod XM-D9001GTR:Knukonceptz 4 gauge

Box: 1.75 cu/ft Sealed

Past: Pioneer Premier TS-W1207 (2)/ Rockford Fosgate P210/ Image Dynamics ID10V.3/ Infinity Reference 311A/ Audiopipe AP-18001D

What i did was plugged in an old cd drive so that the power supply would kick on because it recognized something was there that needed power, then I used 3 wires comeing out of the molex plug for the power, remote and ground, look on the side of the case and find out what color is 12v use that for power, black is usually ground so of course use that as ground, and you need to find the 6 volt or whatever and use it as a remote

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

i thought you only needed to cut 2 wires from the harness to go to the amp not all of them. and instead of getting 3 small ones, get a 1000-1200w PSU. It can handle more power safely

Well yeah but I found out that if you use all the positive and ground wires, it will help stabelize the voltage a bit better. I will get fuses for each positive on the psu's.

Past: Pioneer Premier TS-W1207 (2)/ Rockford Fosgate P210/ Image Dynamics ID10V.3/ Infinity Reference 311A/ Audiopipe AP-18001D

What i did was plugged in an old cd drive so that the power supply would kick on because it recognized something was there that needed power, then I used 3 wires comeing out of the molex plug for the power, remote and ground, look on the side of the case and find out what color is 12v use that for power, black is usually ground so of course use that as ground, and you need to find the 6 volt or whatever and use it as a remote

12volt is the yellow. the remote is the green wire. So I tried connect the green to the ground to short the psu safely and turn it on. It worked when the psu was unmodified. But after I cut all the unnessary wires, it just dies. :fool:

i thought you only needed to cut 2 wires from the harness to go to the amp not all of them. and instead of getting 3 small ones, get a 1000-1200w PSU. It can handle more power safely

No.

More wires coming off the 12v rail=less resistance=less voltage drop

Calvin, don't open the PSU next time. :P

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

No.

More wires coming off the 12v rail=less resistance=less voltage drop

Calvin, don't open the PSU next time. :P

yeah I know I just lost $50 because I need to get another pair :unsure:

enough to get a $149.99 psu lol