Sundown Audio

Subwoofer?

I am using 2 RE SX subwoofers on a sundown 1500saz and after about 30 min"s of playing time I have noticed that the

woofers "cones" begin to get hot........VERY HOT....is this normal.........I don"t want to kill them...I have the gain on the amp turned all the way down......but I do have the bass boost set at 18Db.....low pass filter set at 45hz....subsonic set at 35hz

If you are playing bass heavy tracks this is definately going to happen after 30 mins. Even if you aren't the amp may be sending a somewhat clipped signal to the subs causing them to get hot. I would suggest that you turn it down some in that time period because there aren't many subs on the market that can take a full volume beating for 30 consecutive minutes and not get hot. It could also be that you have the bass boost set way too high. I would turn down the bass boost to about a quarter of the way up and then compensate the loss by turning up the gain on the amp. You are going to get a much cleaner sound this way and more than likely prolong the life of your subs.

turn the bass boost down. all they way and turn the gain up (not all the way)

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

turn the bass boost down. all they way and turn the gain up (not all the way)

Thanks guys,I just got make from making my adjustments....."to noisy to do it in front of my house:::]"...

Anyways I turned the bass boost All the way down and turned my gains about in the middle...and now all i can say is

DAM

THIS SHIT IS LOUD!!!!!!!!!

On my audiocontrol epic160 Its metering abou 149 to 152....I was just wondering if i put it a contest would be better to take my 2 sundowns strap them together at .5 ohm or just keep them the way they are ""1 1500 for each pair of re sx 10"s.. 1 ohm per amp?

Bass boost = the devil. I don't know why they even put that setting on an amp.

Turn your low pass up to about eighty hz, and you SSF to a little below your box tunning and you are set to go.

EDIT: why would the number 8 0 be a smiley?

Edited by Kicker Guy

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz

Bass boost = the devil. I don't know why they even put that setting on an amp.

Turn your low pass up to about eighty hz, and you SSF to a little below your box tunning and you are set to go.

EDIT: why would the number 8 0 be a smiley?

idk i asked david to fix it

but yea the only time u touch the bass boost is if u r turning it down.

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

i was always under the impression to cut the gain on amps down and bass boost up although i've banged my system for hours and no problems. i'll have to try turning the gains up and bass boost down and see how that sounds.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

i was always under the impression to cut the gain on amps down and bass boost up although i've banged my system for hours and no problems. i'll have to try turning the gains up and bass boost down and see how that sounds.

Will sound much cleaner. Or should anyway.

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz

Will sound much cleaner. Or should anyway.

i'll try that when i get home.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Thanks guys,I just got make from making my adjustments....."to noisy to do it in front of my house:::]"...

Anyways I turned the bass boost All the way down and turned my gains about in the middle...and now all i can say is

DAM

THIS SHIT IS LOUD!!!!!!!!!

On my audiocontrol epic160 Its metering abou 149 to 152....I was just wondering if i put it a contest would be better to take my 2 sundowns strap them together at .5 ohm or just keep them the way they are ""1 1500 for each pair of re sx 10"s.. 1 ohm per amp?

leave them. only reason u could lower is if u have an awesome electrical and you were a bit more experienced. only future i see running it like that on a sine wave is blown amps and very possibly subs

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer