the everchanging avalon build, part 4?

Updatez wanted ASAP. But nice job on the doors, like them.

SUCCESS is a decision, NOT a dream. You have to name the price you are willing to pay to get it.

"You didn't have an ice pick on you? Amateur. " -- Wax from Fchat.

thanks for the compliments, but the doors are wearing on me, idk if its just because I never finished them how i planned or if its because i just need more, but they're getting redone when the cash is around

and speaking of cash, a large chunk went to rusty to cover some new toys, updates whenever that gets to my door (and the busbar i ended up having to order because the one I got was near useless)

hopefully this week I will get my busbars/terminals/wire/fuses together and get this thing wired properly, and then the box build should start and end this coming weekend (i hope, atleast get it built and save the pretty parts for later)

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

so, made some busbars today (only needed 10, but made a few extra incase i decide to add anything)

these were a bitch, i've been at this for a bit over an hour, and i'm surprised i didnt blow up my tools in the process...this was all done with a 29$ ryobi drill, a 9$ bit, and a ryobi die grinder

they arent quite perfect, but i think i'm hiding them anyway so I dont really care

Posted Image

and as always, if you're trying to make your own dont hesitate to ask a question, i know they arent the best but I did learn quite a bit in the process (sourcing materials, costs, why not to do it in a dark garage with a hand drill, etc...)

and for those of you wondering, i dont feel like keeping the secret...3 dc lvl4xl18d1's in a very large box with a very large port tuned very low and not in a wall...car is getting gutted, cut out, and the trunk and entire area behind the seats is going to be a box, sub forward, port up, and atleast rms to them. Subs are in shipping, busbars/batts/amps/wires/etc are already purchased...honestly all i have left to do is build a box and wire it all up...and make it look good ;) this is going to be in here for a while so its going to get done all proper like.

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

yea, figured its time to stop pussyfooting around and just do it big, cuz it miht be the last time i get to drop thousands of dollars and destroy a car for a stereo

Team DC

yea, figured its time to stop pussyfooting around and just do it big, cuz it miht be the last time i get to drop thousands of dollars and destroy a car for a stereo

i hear ya on that man!

great builds previously, so im tuned in for the new beast. good luck

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

sounds like a promising future in going into that car. nice :good:

edit: i know its been asked but how do you like those batts? i am planning to get some in my car cause they are cheaper than kinetik, and like everyone says they are almost the same. but i want your input on them. thanks

Team Bass-Hz

well you would never believe the trouble i'm having getting ring terminals....its not right

but on the bright side, i got my subs...and basically just need to build the box and wire it all up once i get those goddamned ring terminals from my distributer

Posted Image

Posted Image

thats all for now...first impressions are that they are pretty solid and well made, although they seem a bit less beefy/stiff than the btl's, which I completely expected considering the rms being like 75% of a btl. they should make a bit of noise i hope

Team DC

and enemyofsilence, atleast from a preliminary inspection and no real testing, those shuriken seem pretty good. they are heavier than kinetiks, the same size, and carry very similar ratings, so short of something funky being up i dont see why thry wouldnt be a very comprable and cheaper option.

07sonata ran one (of mine) at our competition and said it made a difference compared to stock, so i'm hoping all goes well. I just want to find a battery tender to charge these things up before i put them in, but its crunch time so i may not get a chance

Team DC

Archived