Mudrunner Fiberglass Body........needs A Little Repair Work

gettin right down in there to the original glass...........all that dust you see there...........thats what ive been wearing for the last week..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Blow the dust off

Posted Image

more blisters and air bubbles within the lake of cured resin

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

My MainMan,My lil Man,Dude,Bubb....My son Memphis @ 3years OldShow'em that car son..........

just like the other side....the inner fender has like 1/4" or more of resin in it...........itsjust resin ....no structure...so..................

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

My MainMan,My lil Man,Dude,Bubb....My son Memphis @ 3years OldShow'em that car son..........

So how much heavier you think the "body" will weigh after you get done giving it a shot of fiberglass steroids ? Figure you are adding about another 20-30 lbs. of weight to it?

Either way , dude should be more than happy with the end result. Are all of your old buddies familiar with you talents or did you just offer up your time without showing off your skills?

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

So how much heavier you think the "body" will weigh after you get done giving it a shot of fiberglass steroids ? Figure you are adding about another 20-30 lbs. of weight to it?

Either way , dude should be more than happy with the end result. Are all of your old buddies familiar with you talents or did you just offer up your time without showing off your skills?

i dunno man....maybe 20lbs....at the very most....ive probably ground out ...as much as im putting back in..lol....most of them really arent...lol....my glassing skills really advanced after i moved away....

These are the 2 steel plates for the front mounting points....these will keep the fiberglass body from tearing..

Posted Image

Right front side.....ground down and cleaned up....Ready for Layup...the red outline is where the steel plate will go..you can see the body is already torn there...from stress..

Posted Image

Left side......still alot of grinding and cleanup to do,,,befoe any layup

Posted Image

All layed up.....the steel plate is in there...

Posted Image

thats where the steel plate will go

Posted Image

I put down 3 layers of mat.....and put it down WET....then i positioned the plate...and clamped it in,,to cure

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

more grinding......to clean up all that bullshit

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

the corners are nice and dark....because there is 6 layers of mat in the corners.....Nice and strong

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Archived