Sonic Electronix

Sub Keeps Cutting Out Help Me

might want to rewire your car and what kind of wire u got

knukonceptz and yeah i need to find a new ground...

He's running at 1 ohm the earthquake is not very stable at 1 it does great at 2 ohms

Its even more hungry at 1 ohm trust me I used 2 of them amps for over a year

yeah well i mean i was running it at one ohm ever since i bought it from you which was ages ago, just when i moved it to my other car it started to cutout.

but i think i found out my problem, my kinetik is idling at 11.8 volts so i think i need to find a new ground or something and hopefully thatll raise it back up cause the pa amp makes it dip down to 11.4 on full tilt but im almost 100% positive thats whats causing the earthquake amp to cutout cause the earthquake makes it dip into the 10s and then cutouts out as soon as that happens. thought i had a solid ground too i used the rear seat bracket which is metal and connects to the body so im not sure where to ground now.

ive always been told seat brackets made good grounding points. so idk where elese you could go

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

knukonceptz and yeah i need to find a new ground...

yeah well i mean i was running it at one ohm ever since i bought it from you which was ages ago, just when i moved it to my other car it started to cutout.

but i think i found out my problem, my kinetik is idling at 11.8 volts so i think i need to find a new ground or something and hopefully thatll raise it back up cause the pa amp makes it dip down to 11.4 on full tilt but im almost 100% positive thats whats causing the earthquake amp to cutout cause the earthquake makes it dip into the 10s and then cutouts out as soon as that happens. thought i had a solid ground too i used the rear seat bracket which is metal and connects to the body so im not sure where to ground now.

lol your lucky not to of smoke them amps at that low voltage ether your alt batt our ground is baaad!!!!

idle at 11.8 really bad!!!!

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

lol your lucky not to of smoke them amps at that low voltage ether your alt batt our ground is baaad!!!!

idle at 11.8 really bad!!!!

yeah it is, i went to pep boys and my alt checked out fine, my front battery was fine and that idles at around 14v but they couldnt test the kinetik cause their machine doesnt like 1800 cca haha but im hoping that my kinetik isnt bad, ill have to check out kinetiks warranty.

Archived