Sonic Electronix

Sub Keeps Cutting Out Help Me

ok im getting really pissed off cause i cant find the problem... my sub keeps cutting out at higher volumes. itll play at low volumes fine but then when i start to crank it itll cut out then just randomly hit a note for a fraction of a second then cut out. i have no idea whats going on. ive changed out the rcas with 3 different sets so i eliminated that it couldnt be the rcas then i swapped out my earthquake amp with my power acoustik amp and the pa amp kept going into protect when i started to crank it. so i was like wtf so i switched out the subs back to my ssds and well after removing everything and putting it back together they started playing fine so i was happy i had something working. i inspected the sub and everything looks fine took a dmm to them and everything checked out fine so i was like wtf so i free aired it on the pa amp and it was playing fine just noticed some tinsel lead wear on the spider thats all though. so i decided to plug everything back in and the btl was playing fine of the pa amp for a good 4 or 5 days then i decided to switch it out with the earthquake amp again and well now its doing the same stupid shit again where its cutting off. i cant narrow down the problem i dont think its the amp considering the pa amp did that as well when i switched it out earlier, so this is driving me nuts and i need to know where to begin looking for the problem, heres a list of what the system complies of if it helps.

15in btl fully loaded

alpine 9857

power acoustik a2400db

earthquake ph10000w/d1

rf twisted rcas

stock battery (duralast gold) up front with kinetik 1800 in the back and stock alternator (150amp)

0 gauge/8 gauge for subs

think thats about it.

i would check your voltage. that earthquake might pull more amps an your alt cant keep up with the demand seems like your amp is just clipping i think they clip because to lil power or bad rca's or something like dat

i mean i know theyre power hungry but they cut off as soon as i start to turn it up not like a bit after and i think the batteries can provide it for more than a second.

I told him there power hungry amps

Did it ever cut out on the ssd?

i havent used the earthquake with the ssds, i only used the pa amp with them but i might just try that now see if its the earthquake amp or not.

Sounds like your not getting enough power to the amp.

If it cuts out, it can be damaged ;)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Just one more thing to check... your ground make sure its still a good ground alot of amps will pulse in and out or cut off at higher volumes if the grond isnt good. It may have been fine for a while but gotten worse over time.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Check your ground connections, i had the same problem....

australia03junehl4.gif

Previous: 1988 Nissan Patrol

Rockford T800.4

Rockford T1 15 (sealed)

Rockford 6.5 Components

Current: 1997 Jeep Wrangler

Build goals...

1x RF P300.2

4x Hertz HCX165's

Built Completes :)

Alpine 9886 Headunit

RF P300.2

RF P500-1bd

2x RF P2-D2 8" Subs, 1.3 cubes @39.5Hz

4x Hertz HCX130's

Current comment...

Satisfied for the moment, focusing on performance upgrades

Sounds like your not getting enough power to the amp.

If it cuts out, it can be damaged ;)

it was working for a couple weeks and slowly started to cutout now its just cutting out completely.

Just one more thing to check... your ground make sure its still a good ground alot of amps will pulse in and out or cut off at higher volumes if the grond isnt good. It may have been fine for a while but gotten worse over time.

hm ill have to check that i have the battery and the amp grounded in the same place so ill remove them, grind it up a little and see if that does anything.

it was working for a couple weeks and slowly started to cutout now its just cutting out completely.

hm ill have to check that i have the battery and the amp grounded in the same place so ill remove them, grind it up a little and see if that does anything.

trust me on this.... just ground the amp to the battery. much better connection.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Archived