Sonic Electronix

Sub Keeps Cutting Out Help Me

ok im getting really pissed off cause i cant find the problem... my sub keeps cutting out at higher volumes. itll play at low volumes fine but then when i start to crank it itll cut out then just randomly hit a note for a fraction of a second then cut out. i have no idea whats going on. ive changed out the rcas with 3 different sets so i eliminated that it couldnt be the rcas then i swapped out my earthquake amp with my power acoustik amp and the pa amp kept going into protect when i started to crank it. so i was like wtf so i switched out the subs back to my ssds and well after removing everything and putting it back together they started playing fine so i was happy i had something working. i inspected the sub and everything looks fine took a dmm to them and everything checked out fine so i was like wtf so i free aired it on the pa amp and it was playing fine just noticed some tinsel lead wear on the spider thats all though. so i decided to plug everything back in and the btl was playing fine of the pa amp for a good 4 or 5 days then i decided to switch it out with the earthquake amp again and well now its doing the same stupid shit again where its cutting off. i cant narrow down the problem i dont think its the amp considering the pa amp did that as well when i switched it out earlier, so this is driving me nuts and i need to know where to begin looking for the problem, heres a list of what the system complies of if it helps.

15in btl fully loaded

alpine 9857

power acoustik a2400db

earthquake ph10000w/d1

rf twisted rcas

stock battery (duralast gold) up front with kinetik 1800 in the back and stock alternator (150amp)

0 gauge/8 gauge for subs

think thats about it.

i know the prob man, i had the same exact thing happen to me today...check your ground wire from your amp.....where u got i grounded it is loose or had a loose conection....when it is loose is throws off the volts and arcs.......i bet you if u get it tightened back up and crimed good u will have no prob......i did this and problem fixed

2 AQ 10'' HDC3 copper subs

1 3500d AQ amp

146.3db on TL with stock electrical in single cab truck at 32hz

RESULT: 1st place at comp, 3rd overall out of 20 cars

i know the prob man, i had the same exact thing happen to me today...check your ground wire from your amp.....where u got i grounded it is loose or had a loose conection....when it is loose is throws off the volts and arcs.......i bet you if u get it tightened back up and crimed good u will have no prob......i did this and problem fixed

im pretty sure its the ground wire on the battery ill have to find another grounding spot for some reason it doesnt like the rear seat bracket and i think i found out why cause there is a layer of caulk inbetween the seat bracket and the body hopefully if i can lift that rear seat out and grind up the caulk it should make for a much better connection, if that doesnt work im selling the car.

im pretty sure its the ground wire on the battery ill have to find another grounding spot for some reason it doesnt like the rear seat bracket and i think i found out why cause there is a layer of caulk inbetween the seat bracket and the body hopefully if i can lift that rear seat out and grind up the caulk it should make for a much better connection, if that doesnt work im selling the car.

or you could just run a wire to the front of the car :fool:

get a nut an bolt with a lock washer and drill a hole there are many options

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

or you could just run a wire to the front of the car :fool:

get a nut an bolt with a lock washer and drill a hole there are many options

eh that would require me to purchase more wire haha im too lazy for that shit.

there are many options just pissed that it wasnt simple...

yeah i was thinking that as a final resort but i have a question if water touched the bolt it would still be fine correct?

yeap I wouldnt drown it in water but if it got wet from the rain under the car it woud be fine

Archived