Check Out My Setup...my First Self-installed Non-bestbuy System

my current set up: diamond hex silk up front, diamond 6x9 rear, cdt tweeter (below front seats firing towards rear passenger), dual d3 12" (soon to be upgraded to D6's. Subs powered by audioque giving bout 450rms per sub, front hex powered by diamond amp (100rms 2ch), middle cdt tweeters and rear diamond 6x9 powerd by a small alpine 4ch amp. OEM HU with MTX re-Q processor feeding clean rca signals to my amps. I also got the DiceElectronics Ipod interface which is great cuz u can control ipod with steering wheel controler. It's an all-around set up both for SQL and a lil bit towards SPL. Moving up to D6's prolly nxt week as soon as i get them and wiring down to 1ohm with the AQ1200d mono amp. I can't wait........

What ya'll think....any suggestion to make my system better?

i'll try to upload some pics on how i did everything so that maybe i can help-out fellow accord owners or any car audio enthusiast out there. cuz i learned everthing i did from forums and i juz want to return the favor. It'll be under "Member's Builds" forum.......soon

link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z83t841hufg

My Soundz:

'06 ACCoRD

Diamond Hex (front)........................Diamond 2ch x 100Wrms............................Ought-guage Power wire and BIG THREE

Diamond 6x9 (rear deck).................AudioQue AQ1200d @ 1ohm........................MTX re-Q (sound processor for stock HU)

CDT tweets (rear doors)..................Alpine 4ch x 45Wrms.................................Clarion 7band EQ

TWO Diamond D6 12" DVC 4ohm

Coming soon upgrades:

Batts

dynamat trunk kit

sounds like subsonic is way up..

Maybe its just the vid.

or the box might be tuned high.. idk

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

sounds like subsonic is way up..

Maybe its just the vid.

or the box might be tuned high.. idk

you talking bout subsonic or LP? cuz i got the subsonic set at 30hz and LP set at about 90. Is that about ryt? I'm juz following the guides provided by Diamond. I think my mediocre Digital cam juz can't pickup the lower Freq.

My Soundz:

'06 ACCoRD

Diamond Hex (front)........................Diamond 2ch x 100Wrms............................Ought-guage Power wire and BIG THREE

Diamond 6x9 (rear deck).................AudioQue AQ1200d @ 1ohm........................MTX re-Q (sound processor for stock HU)

CDT tweets (rear doors)..................Alpine 4ch x 45Wrms.................................Clarion 7band EQ

Coming soon upgrades:

Batts

dynamat trunk kit

you talking bout subsonic or LP? cuz i got the subsonic set at 30hz and LP set at about 90. Is that about ryt? I'm juz following the guides provided by Diamond. I think my mediocre Digital cam juz can't pickup the lower Freq.

i think the subsonic can go a little lower i got mine set at 25. my lp is set at eighty

loox good and its great to see peeps gettin away from best buy and circuit city

Edited by IH8PunkRok

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

i think the subsonic can go a little lower i got mine set at 25. my lp is set at eighty

loox good and its great to see peeps gettin away from best buy and circuit city

thanks bro.....My previous best buy set up was a little MTX amp TA2301 powering bandpass "DUAL" brand 12"s with neon lights. I know I'll admit it, why the fawk did i buy that, but at that time I was really more into Home audio. Now I juz started getting into car audio and man....this shit is addicting....i don't think i'll be done upgrading anytime soon. right now i live in an apartment utah with no garage so i got no man-cave to work at, but hopefully nxt spring i'll be back in sac-town and have garage to work at. then im thinking of getting into fiberglass projects.....i can't wait

My Soundz:

'06 ACCoRD

Coming soon upgrades:

Batts

dynamat trunk kit

Hella clean for a first install good job

whats your opinion on the re-Q?

I'm really satisfied with the re-Q. Before the re-Q, the bass gets too loud when i turn the volume down ang decreases when the i turn the volume up because of the factory HU trying to protect the stock speakers. Now that i've upgraded all my speakers, I don't need that protective EQ by the HU. re-Q is not as complex as the cleansweep or RF 3sixty but it is a lot cheaper and gets the job done. The thing is I think re-Q will only be good for certain factory HU. because some other factory HU have wierd eq that involves all bands of frequency. with my accord, its not an issue cuz the accord factory HU equilizer only controls the lower freq. the re-Q will only correct lower freq and the rest are untouched by the processing. hope this help........

My Soundz:

'06 ACCoRD

Coming soon upgrades:

Batts

dynamat trunk kit

I'm really satisfied with the re-Q. Before the re-Q, the bass gets too loud when i turn the volume down ang decreases when the i turn the volume up because of the factory HU trying to protect the stock speakers. Now that i've upgraded all my speakers, I don't need that protective EQ by the HU. re-Q is not as complex as the cleansweep or RF 3sixty but it is a lot cheaper and gets the job done. The thing is I think re-Q will only be good for certain factory HU. because some other factory HU have wierd eq that involves all bands of frequency. with my accord, its not an issue cuz the accord factory HU equilizer only controls the lower freq. the re-Q will only correct lower freq and the rest are untouched by the processing. hope this help........

i have a d6 for sale if you want it.

i have a d6 for sale if you want it.

I already got em bro....they are actually comin in tomorrow. I'll be installing them this weekend. Thanks for the offer though.

My Soundz:

'06 ACCoRD

Coming soon upgrades:

Batts

dynamat trunk kit