Good Motor Swap For A 89 4door Chevy Dually Toe Pig

yea right now the worse time to be doing any thing with a large vehicle :( I havnt fully decided yet but with the way the economy is going im probably not going to get it. I have to go down and talk to the owner in 2 weeks about what hes really going to want for it. Also my hommie just stripped a big ass 08 ford with some sort of big ass diesel motor. Ill get more info on that. Im thinking that toeing a diesel is the only way to go.

yea right now the worse time to be doing any thing with a large vehicle :( I havnt fully decided yet but with the way the economy is going im probably not going to get it. I have to go down and talk to the owner in 2 weeks about what hes really going to want for it. Also my hommie just stripped a big ass 08 ford with some sort of big ass diesel motor. Ill get more info on that. Im thinking that toeing a diesel is the only way to go.

Go diesel but not ford please dont go ford Go Dodge with a Cummins diesel all the way to make a long story short and

not to thread jack but my uncle his Harley broke down and his buddy went to get him. His friend drives a 2008 Ford F350 fully loaded diesel it has 25k miles or so on it well he went to get him he is 40 miles away from him and the truck broke down on him $6300 worth of work had to be done to the truck and the fucker is a 2008 :o :o

those are new vehicles that break. they are not made to last like older vehicles. im a chevy guy and when my mom bought her new silverado we had more problems out of that then our 89 blazer. granted the motor in the blazer finally went out at 380k but a new 350 crate fixed that =)

IMO id go with a 350 if you want better gas milage, i personally hate the 700r4 trannies and would take a 350turbo tranny any day. i think they have "better" gas friendly carberators out there now, i think i saw that in summit somewhere.

this is my opinion but stay away from fords.... ill leave now before there is an argument. good luck with your swap!

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-