Product: SAX-100.2

Manufactured by: Sundown Audio

Purchased/recieved from: Sundown Audio

I purchased 2 SAX-100.2s from Sundown Audio back in april of 2008. I have been very satisfied with the performance of this amplifier.

I have ran the SAX-100.2 on the same mid tweet setup that I have used 3 other amplifiers on and to me this is the best sounding out of all of them.

The SAX-100.2 has a very warm comfortable sound to it. I was able to just drop this amp in and play with very little adjustment. I'm the kinda of guy that likes to stay away from EQing as much as possible.

I don't want to talk about the other companies much except to say those companies are very well respected in the car audio world and all amplifiers are very close as far as power ratings go on paper.

I love the look of the SAX-100.2. It has what I would call a very sleek sexy look to it. When I very first opened the box to it and got it unwrapped my jaw just dropped. Solid black with a brushed aluminum removeable center strip with the words Sundown Audio written on it so you can turn it around depending on how you mount the amp.

I do like the wire terminals as Sundown Audio like other companies have gotten away from hex head set screws and has gone with phillips head set srcews. Incase you don't know some of us have major issues with stripping out hex head set screws. The terminals except the recommended wire sizes without any probblems, no need to shave wire off of your 4 gauge wire to get it to fit into a 4 gauge terminal.

The controls are your average controls. Sensitivity(gain), highpass and lowpass crossovers, and bass boost.

The RCA jacks are the only thing I have a probblem with as they don't say left and right. They are labeled 1 and 2. This is not a big issue depending on how accesible the amplifier is and you can only hook it up backwards once, so not really a big deal.

I have to give the Sundown Audio SAX-100.2 a 9 out of 10. Such a nice sounding piece of equipment and beautiful cosmetics make it a great choice for any install and many applications.

I would like to thank Jacob for helping me out with my SAX-100.2s, you have treated me very well.

Thank you,

Jon S aka ISO

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Archived