Second Skin Audio

Last Time....mtx 9500's

I prefer the W7, and i would make it to the exact specs JL says. 2-2.5 cubes per sub about 30 hz. you should be able to get that size box through the opening, pictures of the trunk would help

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

here is the trunk ....note: my mark vii in the background (that was supposed to be the car gettin all the audio work...but now its getting turned into a sleeper) =]

does this help at all?

Matt W.

1996 Thunderbird LX Sport 4.6

new system soon...still deciding on what to get.

Make a ported box ~5 cubes tuned to 30 hertz. If the rear seats fold down, make the box and port(s) face into the interior of the car, sealed off from the trunk. That will optimize the SPL and give you a few DBs versus just throwing the subs into the trunk in a prefab box.

Its hard work that takes time, but in the end, it all pays off. You can have the best shit in the world, but the install is what makes a system loud and or sound good.

Don't skimp on the Amp. If you save up and get a nice amp and the amp doesn't have to strain to push dirty power to the subs, the subs will last longer, sound better, and the amp will last longer. You can move amps from car to car. You won't loose anything by spending a little more now and possibly having something you can 'grow' into later.....

5 cubes per sub?...i dont think a box that big would fit in my trunk... the box i have right there is about 3 cubes total...

if you mean 5 cubes total, that would probably work. i asked earlier but didnt get a response but, does anybody know of Tweeter does good subwoofer box work?

and is the 5 cubes including the port volume as well?

Matt W.

you wouldnt happen to know any of them that work out here would you? lol, i doubt it.

but thats great, i just went ahead and ordered the w7's from onlinecarstereo.com as well as the amp....i should be able to get some good power to both of them from one jl 1000/1 shouldnt i?

and as far as the box goes...i just go to them and tell them i want a box that is 2.5 cubes per side ported??

Matt W.

I haven't looked at the details but I can tell you I have heard a W7 12 on the JL 500/1 and it was a darn good match man.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

anybody? (w/ box info and info on which would be a better sub, the W7 or the T212?)

w7 will sound a lil better, but the t2 will take more abuse and most likely get louder of course both are install dependent.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Archived