Sundown Audio

need a ht amp (non plate)?

Amalan

parts express is giving a pretty damn nice sale on their dayton hpsa1000 rackmount amp

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cf...810&dotd=121506

dunno how long its gonna last but $100 off original price but i believe its part of their 12 days of christmas sale and its day 10 now

just wanted to give people a heads up incase anyone wanted to make a ht sub 1000 watts at 4ohm is alot of power but sadly i asked whats the lowest ohm this can go and got this response

Chris Frechette <[email protected]>

to me

show details

12:21 pm (7 hours ago)

Hello,

Thanks for choosing Parts Express. This amp is designed for a minimum load of 4 ohms. It will not work with a 2 ohm load.

If there is anything else I can do to assist you please let me know.

Chris Frechette

Technical Advisor

sweet amp, I love the features. It says its only 18lbs tho? all my plate amps, have been 125-500watts, and are usually in the 15-30lb range... Dunno if 18lbs of 1024w rms for a home rack amp sounds right/reliable- should way in about 50lbs MINIMUM

(weight issue is the transformer/torroid coil inside- small weight, = fake power)

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Yeah, the plate amps are great. I use them all the time, the 250, 500, 1000 Class D and G amps And  the Dayton Tit10,12,15 subs are also great performers

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Archived