Second Skin Audio

Mmats Dreadnaut Or Btl

nmbitm

I wanted to run some DD 9500 subs myself, but I couldn't afford almost $1200 for a pair of woofers. I was looking for something that would last longer than the month that my DC subs did. I had Jacob from Sundown get back to me about a pm that I sent him. I won't say the price I got the subs for from him but he sold me $1100 worth of subs for a very very good price. I've had them for almost 3 weeks now and haven't had a single problem with them at all. They are almost 3 db louder in my car than the DC's ever were, and the single Fi btl that I had was 1.7 db louder than 2 DC level 4 12's. Point is some of the guys on here need to jump off the DC/Fi cock wagon. These companies make some decent subs Fi being better than DC imo, but they are not the only subs in the world that will get loud and sound good doing it. A sub also has to last with high power for a while. I loved my btl for that and well, my level 4's sucked ass at being reliable. I haven't changed a single setting on the amp and the Nightshades are taking what I'm throwing at it like a champ. Point is don't buy a sub because it's popular, I've learned that, buy a sub because it is going to last and out perform the competition. DD is one of those companies that will do that. Ask Rusty Flowers what kind of subs he ran in his CRX before he ran some DC's. Ummm... I believe those were DD 9500 10's.

Prolly clipped them to death.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

I wanted to run some DD 9500 subs myself, but I couldn't afford almost $1200 for a pair of woofers. I was looking for something that would last longer than the month that my DC subs did. I had Jacob from Sundown get back to me about a pm that I sent him. I won't say the price I got the subs for from him but he sold me $1100 worth of subs for a very very good price. I've had them for almost 3 weeks now and haven't had a single problem with them at all. They are almost 3 db louder in my car than the DC's ever were, and the single Fi btl that I had was 1.7 db louder than 2 DC level 4 12's. Point is some of the guys on here need to jump off the DC/Fi cock wagon. These companies make some decent subs Fi being better than DC imo, but they are not the only subs in the world that will get loud and sound good doing it. A sub also has to last with high power for a while. I loved my btl for that and well, my level 4's sucked ass at being reliable. I haven't changed a single setting on the amp and the Nightshades are taking what I'm throwing at it like a champ. Point is don't buy a sub because it's popular, I've learned that, buy a sub because it is going to last and out perform the competition. DD is one of those companies that will do that. Ask Rusty Flowers what kind of subs he ran in his CRX before he ran some DC's. Ummm... I believe those were DD 9500 10's.

sounds like an install issue homie..... I put a pair of lvl4 15s running off of a t3000bd in a friends car and they get beat on all day long and theres been no issues with reliability or performance. And as far as comparing the Nightshades to the Lvl 4s thats not a fair comparison since the nightshades are basically RE MT's with cooling.... Id hope they can handle more power and abuse than the Lvl4s which are equivelant to RE SX's from my experiences

Team Devastation Mixed Martial ArtsMachado Brazilian JiujitsuOnce I lock it on there's no escape I don't train to make you tap, I train to tear your arm, leg, or head off. Its your job to tap before I can do that -Pain is only weakness leaving the body, its kill or be killed and only the strong survive...Rockford FosgateDigital DesignsFi Car AudioCrossfire Car Audio

sorry gnub but Im nowhere near clueless.... I dont ride bandwagons and I dont coattail like the vast majority of forum goers... run along now

btw

Ducati > Harley

Impala w/vette motor > vette What a Joke

:spiteful:

I commented about your PA/MA setup because you referred to DD as shit.....if you are going to talk shit about something you better have something thats better otherwise you are just a jealous hater......Like Ive said OVER AND OVER the original reply was a joke YOU chose to make a smartass remark to me for no reason so dont play mr innocent... and Id rather be a "douchebag" than a hatin ass bitch like you :)

funny since every other word coming out of peoples mouths here is FI,DC, or Sundown but you only buck up when DD is mentioned.... there must be some deep seeded issues with you..

**disclaimer**

I love FI & DC products Nick Morgan is my brotha from anotha motha and Rusty w/DC has always been cool as hell with me! Dont think Im bashing their companies in any way I got nuthin but love and respect for them :drinks: :drinks:

Incase you haven't noticed I said I answer questions based on the speakers people suggest. FI and DC products are often used as a basis for comparison, thus they are going to be mentioned alot more. I dont go into a thread where they ask DD vs Cactus sounds and say "FI". I would pick which of the two drivers mentioned I liked more (guess which one I would choose). BTW, I have never said DD was shit, I said they sounded like shit. I always give them props for being loud, after all it is in the loudest vehicle on the planet. I just said I dont like how they sound, and somehow you turn that into me saying they are shitty products. I already said earlier that I missed where you said it was a joke. Since It was I went too far in some of my comments, but then again not really since I never said anything about you until you started calling what I run shit. What I run may not be your first choice, but it is far from shit.

BTW, I couldn't help but laugh about your impala w/vette motor > Vette...that is another jone right? for your sake I hope so.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

What I run may not be your first choice, but it is far from shit.

BTW, I couldn't help but laugh about your impala w/vette motor > Vette...that is another jone right? for your sake I hope so.

in your eyes its not shit.... in the opinion of myself and many others PA/MA = shit :)

nope not a jone, sorry but tiny sportscars arent my style.... I ride b-bodies

Team Devastation Mixed Martial ArtsMachado Brazilian JiujitsuOnce I lock it on there's no escape I don't train to make you tap, I train to tear your arm, leg, or head off. Its your job to tap before I can do that -Pain is only weakness leaving the body, its kill or be killed and only the strong survive...Rockford FosgateDigital DesignsFi Car AudioCrossfire Car Audio

in your eyes its not shit.... in the opinion of myself and many others PA/MA = shit :)

nope not a jone, sorry but tiny sportscars arent my style.... I ride b-bodies

PA and MA are some of the better budget brands, I would put those against any DD's at their price point. Like I said, I can't afford 500+ dollar subs and 1000+ dollar amps as I am working myself through college, so I run what I can afford, and make it work as good as I can, which is pretty damn good. That is what like so much about your comments. You have no information about my setup other than I use shitty equipment (according to you). Well it makes it all the better when I pull up next to someone running alot more shit than me and isn't as loud. then they get to say, "My ridiculously expensive setup got beat with shitty equipment."

I agree with you on that front. My fatass aint squeezing into a sports car.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

Most company's have low end and high end shit. The stuff Xtreme runs is their high end stuff. I can tell you right now, his system is no joke. Shit is loud as piss... windshield flexin and hair flyin... the whole nine yards. Sounds pretty damn good too. I'd much rather drop less than 2k on his whole system than double or triple that for something that is barely even noticeably louder... if at all!

*Under Contruction*

05' Explorer Limited

HeadUnit: Alpine 9853

Subs: (4) SoundStream SPLX 15's

Mids/Highs: (6) 8" Eminence Alpha 8MR and (4) Pyramid TW46 Titanium Super Tweeters.

Frontstage: (2) B&C 6PEV13 6.5's

Mids/Highs Amp: Kicker ZX650.4

On Order:

Enclosure: 16-18ft^3 CRX Style Enclosure (To be build)

Sub Amps: (2) MTX TA92001 or Equivalent 4-5K Watt Amp(s)

btw

Ducati > Harley

Wow.... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/mega_shok.gif

*Under Contruction*

05' Explorer Limited

HeadUnit: Alpine 9853

Subs: (4) SoundStream SPLX 15's

Mids/Highs: (6) 8" Eminence Alpha 8MR and (4) Pyramid TW46 Titanium Super Tweeters.

Frontstage: (2) B&C 6PEV13 6.5's

Mids/Highs Amp: Kicker ZX650.4

On Order:

Enclosure: 16-18ft^3 CRX Style Enclosure (To be build)

Sub Amps: (2) MTX TA92001 or Equivalent 4-5K Watt Amp(s)

says the n00b with MA Audio and Power Acoustik :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

cold as ice http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/01nocomment8so.gif
dcaudio.jpg ALLAH's the most gracious, he made the universe the most spaciousSeen and heard in all places, but still appear facelessEmbraces all races, all caste and all casesIn every spec of life he's the substance of all tracesSMDsigbannr9.jpg

Archived