Finally got nailed for my blue turn signals (ticket)

Remember the hot rods from the 60's that had the blue dot tail lights??? I had some of those on my 70 Chevy C-10. Looked real nice too, anyways. I re-wired the tail lights and added a license plate light. Well about 4:30am on post, I got pulled over for a tail light being out. I just kicked the side of the truck and it came back on. Then one of the MPs noticed the blue dot and tried to give me a ticket for that. The other guy just told him to forget it and for me to have a nice day. 

Looks good man...Here in FL any lights that look like emergency vehicle lights= illegal/off road use only.

Cleared today.

As always the Marker lights were shown to be HID. while my turn signals were and always has been white. ( what the ticket was for) The blue rear plate lights were deemed ok in color. Those are LEDS and have a true white, slightly blue color. I explaned the difference in lighting when you talk about colors and temptures. Higher the temp the closer to white and sometimes blue you get.

Thanks guys

looking through the codes for CA it doesn't say anything about blue or emergency lights. However it does clearly say you cannot have red to the front of a vehicle. It also says that driving, rear,tail,turn,and headlights must be standard colors. Nothing about marker or accent lights.

I've been down this road with my neons and won in court. I've also had to fight the lumi logo on the rear of the truck and won that one also.

it's worth a day to go and piss in someones coffee over it :innocent:

*  Blue and yellow headlights. Headlights must be white - blue and yellow are illegal (24011 VC). Look for the DOT symbol on the bulb and package.

* Headlights brighter or higher wattage than those from the factory. You may be able to see better, but the lights are illegal (24011 VC).

* Tail lights other than red (24600 VC).

* Illegal brake lights. Brake lights on vehicles newer than 1979 must be red (24603 VC). (Vehicles older than 1979 may be red or yellow.)

* Lack of rear reflectors. Two red reflectors are required on the rear of cars and trucks (24607 VC).

* Incorrect color of turn signal. It must be white or yellow to the front, red or yellow to the rear (24953 VC).

* Red lights to the front. They are illegal except on emergency vehicles (24003 VC).

* Tail lights that incorporate a bulb with a red tint or coating. In general, custom tail lights that incorporate a clear outer shell and red inner lens are legal (24011 VC). If they don't incorporate reflectors, they must be added to the vehicle (24607 VC).

* Tail lights that are too dim, washed out or show yellow, white or other colors (24600 VC).

* Illegal color of side marker lights. If present, must be yellow in the front and red in the rear (25106, 24003 VC).

* Driving with just parking lights on (24800 VC). Vehicles that have factory-installed automatic daytime running lights must meet federal requirements and are legal.

* Illegal decorative lights (24003 VC). All flashing decorative lights are illegal (25250 VC).

* Illegal windshield washer nozzle lights. Only white or yellow are allowed. (25106 VC, 24003 VC).

*  Lights attached to tire valves (24003, 25250 VC).

* Lighted license plate frames (unless red) (24003 VC).

* Illegal lights, whether or not they are operating. It is illegal just to have them on the vehicle (24003 VC).

good lucki hope you win

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

That BS excuse works?

Here they'll just say "I don't give a fuck it looks blue to me, here's your ticket"...Damn FHP :angry03:

lol thats what im thinking would happen here too

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

any1 in cali notice the new chp bmw motorcycles... they have some bright ass headlight with slight blue tint!  :matrix:

Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=