All Aboard Noobtastics (redemption)boat Update Aug1

I was just disappointed pretty much in the 6.5s and made me want to post the failboat headline. ( dropped a battery terminal straight through the cone of back right and warped the basket of back left and realized both today)

sub sounds great! really happy with it as of now. as mentioned, the port needs to be re-tuned and the baffle needs to be beefed up a bit. I've had probably 10 different ported boxes in that damn trunk for a single 10 and this is better, defiantly worth the time/effort.

The amp in the Glovebox only took a few hours, works great and has never over-heated once since installing. The fan really helps and pulls air from the open vent just to the side of the closed glovebox.

The 6b9s sound NICE in the doors!! at first i was skeptical considering its an uncommon practice to have that size in the fronts but the extra tweeter power is a huge difference over the old single tweet 6.5s i had in before they were stolen.

vids tomorrow after some serious bracing!!!

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

All aboard!

Is this the finished project? or is it tempoary untill you get off the smack? :P

If your looking to keep it awhile the recess them speakers into the face of the box and recess the port and make it flush. Then carpet the thing, make it blend a bit.

Hows it sound? worth the work?

good, yes, and it will have to last me till after i register for this semester, buy books and then save for the DC 18 and amp to push it. the 18 build should be similar but obviously much larger ;-)

doesnt look like the front baffle is sealed to the box in the trunk at all. a regular ported box on the trunk would sound better imo. hopefully this topic stays positive could turn ugly fast. :good:

yes it is air tight, bracing is needed but it is air tight.

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:

The 6b9s sound NICE in the doors!! at first i was skeptical considering its an uncommon practice to have that size in the fronts but the extra tweeter power is a huge difference over the old single tweet 6.5s i had in before they were stolen.

vids tomorrow after some serious bracing!!!

-Drew

Almost all new dodge trucks have 6x9s in the front doors and almost all fords have 5x7s so its not all that uncommon.

Its all about the Install !!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/audioaddiction863

tripleA.jpg

Bass Race Florida State Champ runner up 139.9 2008

Bass Boxing Florida State Champ runner up Middleweight 2008

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Very nice install. How much did it set you back?

i'm just putting a new face on the same equipment every few months. woof was 50$ at the Auburn show, Kenwood amp + 6b9s for 60$, 50$ per redtop, and got the kicker 400.1 for free after a dual 15 install. so its all on a budget :)

Damn Drew!

Hita brotha up some time!

yeah i'll be asking you about those RE 6.5s when my 8" mids get here and i do glass pods for the 6.5s AND the 8s

from the fourth pic it doesnt seem like it could be airtight since their is the baffle the cars metal bracing then the rear box section .from the pics it looks like there would be a small gap. but its hard to tell from pics.

I designed it so its straight wood to wood contact the box does not touch any of the sheet metal the front board is bolted onto, And i have silicone along the inside just to be on the safe side.

:pardon: :pardon: :pardon: :pardon: :pardon: :pardon:

:unsure:

-Drew

uhoh_45 said:

Those speakers in the back will come alive if you put them in some sort of box. Hell even if you duct tape around them to help seal them off, they will sound better ;)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

yeah- but they're so destroyed!!! almost damaged beyond salvageable repair! the FG pods will happen with Elvis's RE 6.5s :yahoo: just picked up the threaded rod ^_^

-Drew

uhoh_45 said:

Archived