Your question itself makes it obvious you already have knowledge of it but then you have to ask "what are the benefits". Sounds like a joke to me.

Ease up tiger. There's no joke. Just some people, like myself, are interested in the more scientific side of sound systems. Coz there's a shitod of stuff!

If you wanna stick with tuning freq, amp power, basic stuff, then all good. Don't knock someone for a pretty decent question.

australia03junehl4.gif

Previous: 1988 Nissan Patrol

Rockford T800.4

Rockford T1 15 (sealed)

Rockford 6.5 Components

Current: 1997 Jeep Wrangler

Build goals...

1x RF P300.2

4x Hertz HCX165's

Built Completes :)

Alpine 9886 Headunit

RF P300.2

RF P500-1bd

2x RF P2-D2 8" Subs, 1.3 cubes @39.5Hz

4x Hertz HCX130's

Current comment...

Satisfied for the moment, focusing on performance upgrades

hmmm some nice reading there,very informative

but i was thinking and if the rear wave is corrected to a full 360degree, then in theory, i should have no cancellation right?

In theory, yes. But any port has an effect on phasing anyway.

Besides that the path lengths from the port mouth and the sub to the meter would have to be exactly the same... you're more worried about phasing at the meter than at the box in SPL (obviously) so it's hard to do the maths - it might turn out that you need only 320 degrees of phase or something.

This is why I suggested a bandpass arrangement - you can sort out the phasing in a nice controlled enclosure then you only have 1 wave in the car.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

so acordingly,we are trying to get the front and rear wave in perfect alignment at the point of the meter

hmmmm this sounds alot easier that is really is,it looks extreemly difficult

ok so based on q-wave theory,

if the rear wave is properly aligned at the meter together to the front wave,we should be able to score a high spl then?