Tinting Windows At Home

The Performer

i was asking how much for some so i could tint my own.i did the other ones on my car.

Give me the sizes of the windows, and what % your looking for Buddy of mine owns a glass shop. I might be able to pull some from a roll for ya.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Give me the sizes of the windows, and what % your looking for Buddy of mine owns a glass shop. I might be able to pull some from a roll for ya.

ok, ill send you a pm when i go out there and measure them thanks

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

Ok, just got through putting 20% on the back! :D

I have to say, O'reilly's is a freaking great store. With the tint that I f*cked up from the first attempt on the side windows, I returned back to the store and got my money back. ;) Then took a trip over to one of our shops and convinced the guy to sell me a piece of their "good shit" 20%. The way I see it is, since the side windows were so easy, I could say replace the tint in a year or two if needed, however the back I would only want to do once because of the defroster lines. (Come handy here in texas... :dry: ) The guy was VERY hesitant to sell it to me at first. Tried to say "ah man, Im sorry but we don't do that here..." I kept polite and mentioned I would go to another shop and he changed attitudes and went to go speak with his manager. :) (Gotta love when people decide they don't want to lose your business) I got the ok and they charged me 30 bucks for the piece, about double what the stuff at O reilly and walmart, but much better quality in the end. (Even throughout the process I could tell it was working easier)

Anyway, so personally I think the back glass was easier I guess since it's a flat glass in comparison to the concaved side windows.

Once again I taped off and put a towel up where I didn't want water to go everywhere.

Posted Image

For some reason the camera is making everything look bright as a mo-fo but trust me it's dark. Not 5% dark, but nice none the less.

Posted Image

^No more peeking at what kinda equipment Chris has!!! :D

By the way, here's some shots of the trimming I did on the side windows.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I tried to get it to focus as best as I could but it kept screwing the picture up for some reason.

Anyways, so that's that. My windows are now TINTED and the total turned out to be around 55 bucks. (Less than half to get it done) I must say I am HAPPY. I had hoped to have an eyelid at first, but I think I can live without, I'm happy as hell with this!

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

good job man. I would never try to do that. I just tinted my tail lights and that was hard enough. I couldn't imagine tinting my windows.

Here's my tail lights. :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm getting my windows tinted tomarrow.

You did that with tint? How the hell does that work, I've seen spray on types, but didn't know it could be done with tint... :huh:

userbar651078zu3.gif

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Im glad you realize why we charge so much to tint windows. It really is ALL labor. I can tint a 4 door car in LLumar ATR for ~$20-25. Yes, 4 windows and a back window. Tint isnt as expensive as you may think, it's a matter of being able to buy it that is key :)

Where in Texas are you? I wish I wouldve seen this sooner, I wouldve gladly helped you out. Hell, if you were close enough Id do it for you :)

Im glad you realize why we charge so much to tint windows. It really is ALL labor. I can tint a 4 door car in LLumar ATR for ~$20-25. Yes, 4 windows and a back window. Tint isnt as expensive as you may think, it's a matter of being able to buy it that is key :)

Where in Texas are you? I wish I wouldve seen this sooner, I wouldve gladly helped you out. Hell, if you were close enough Id do it for you :)

Aggieland, yourself?

Yeah no joke, it's not easy at all. The tint is relatively cheap, its just labor. My tint job has a few bits of dust, but for as much money as I saved it's no biggie. My money really is being saved for speakers now. I gotta get two DC 10's, and replace all stock speakers as soon as I can afford. DC's come first of course :D Everyone loves that bass.

userbar651078zu3.gif

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Archived