Danny's System

that will definatly help keep your voltage up and probably even improve your numbers a little

It looks like I will be doing that sometime this week man. I have a show this weekend and would like to see how much it improves my numbers. My best spl to date is 148.2 DB.

TeamSundown-3.jpg

You are absolutely correct on that.How are you doing man? We have a show this weekend are you all coming.

What do you think about my system? Not bad for 2 12's and 1500 watts rms in a box designed by an acoustic engineer. Maybe if I do the big three, i will get that 150 sticker.

Yea we plan on making it down there ...ill be pretty close to a 100% ...yea your set up sounded real good for what you had ...:yahoo:

Yea we plan on making it down there ...ill be pretty close to a 100% ...yea your set up sounded real good for what you had ...:yahoo:

I really appreciate that man. I cannot wait to see yall again. We really enjoyed having all of you there. I am glad you all are back to 100%. I cannot wait to see and hear the white truck.

TeamSundown-3.jpg

welcome! youll see me and dropbottomazda at that show

2000 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner SR5

(6) Boston 6 1/2's

(4) Boston SPG555

(2) Rockford Fosgate T1000

(1) Rockford Fosgate T400

truck1.jpg

Hello again everyone. We completed the Big 3 upgrade this past week. Volatage is now a steady 14.3 and recovers very quickly after doing burps or even playing music. Did a little amp swap as well for the competition we had Saturday. I used a Digital Designs M2 Amplifier. I was able to do a 148.7 at volume just above half way. The subs had no problem at all taking that power. Does anybody know what this amplifier actually puts out? It was definitely stout on my 2 12's. I probably could have burped at full volume, but I did not want to take that chance of tearing my subs up.

TeamSundown-3.jpg

What frequency was the burp at and what's your box tuned to? (Sorry if it's earlier in the thread...)

Amp probably does close to 2000wrms @ 14.4v, give or take a bit. I don't think you're really at risk of hurting your subs on a burp unless you're clipping it badly or playing below tuning frequency

My rule of thumb is that you can easily burp a sub at 4 times RMS with a proper enclosure. Hell we put 4kw up a 250wrms 8" sub and all that happened was the cone came away from the spiders due to excessive port area not controlling the excursion.

Looking at those subs and the score you're up to, I reckon a sub change could give you a good nudge towards 150 - some SPL orientated woofers with a big powerful motor will be a big step in that direction.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

What ohms are the subs?

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

Archived