In old cars the spacers made a difference in fuel atomization, but in new fuel injection cars, they are almost worthless.  They would work if they were swirling the air and fuel together, but swirled air is just that, swirled air, it does nothing to add horsepower.  All fuel injected heads have a swirl damn built into them right at the intake valve, so that's where the fuel/air mixture gets swirled.  Swirling air before it has to go through about 12" of intake runner on a fuel injected car really does nothing.

Yes you are correct, swirled air is swirled air, but taken from AirRaids website "The unique dyno-proven "Helix Bore" of the POWERAID® TBS causes a spinning action of the incoming air-charge as it passes through the throttle body."The charged air is mixing with fuel, as it passes through the throttle body.  So I do disagree with your statement. 

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

I'm talking about cars like mine, which have individual fuel injectors in the cylinder heads, where swirling the air is doing nothing.  I would agree that if you can swirl it with the fuel and air together, then gains are possible, but on my car there is no fuel anywhere near the throttle body, the air has to travel about 12" past the throttle body before it gets to the injectors, making a couple turns on the way, which would negate any effect swirling the air would have anyways.A simple misunderstanding of the type of "throttle body" you guys were talking about. 

You do have a point that swirling air with Fuel injectors doesn't do much..Being that combustion is dependant on the spray pattern  ;)But the advantage of injectors comes with honing them out. 

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

i sell hundreds of spacers yearly... the only complaint, is that they make to much noise. i tell them to turn their stereo up! i dont think anyone on this site has that problem...

Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=

• 2 months later...

In old cars the spacers made a difference in fuel atomization, but in new fuel injection cars, they are almost worthless.  They would work if they were swirling the air and fuel together, but swirled air is just that, swirled air, it does nothing to add horsepower.  All fuel injected heads have a swirl damn built into them right at the intake valve, so that's where the fuel/air mixture gets swirled.  Swirling air before it has to go through about 12" of intake runner on a fuel injected car really does nothing.

this guy is right!