Second Skin Audio

Can I Turn A Seaeld Box To Ported

my bro n law has a sealed box for 4 10s but its huge it fits in my back seat perfect from door to door (i will have the measurements later) but . i was going to ask yesterday in grass valley but i forgot. i was wondering if i could use aeros and make it a ported box. hoping it will be louder than 2 15s.

edit: the subs are not separated they share the same chamber

EDIT im almost the measurements are 50"l 15"h 15"d and i want dc lvl310s or lvl410s

i dont want no stupid reply from the ones who dont know shit either. sorry for being rude but lately there has been some dumb asses posting nonsense im threads

here is a pic

410s014.jpg

Edited by 99vic

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

Its possible. but you have too pretty much hope that that box is too big for them subs sealed. we would need to know how many cubic feet the box is and what kind of space those subwoofers ask for ported each.

sorry forgot to put i want to get dc lvl310s or lvl410s and im not good at finding out cubes but i put the edit measurements in the post if anyone can help

Edited by 99vic

/Rant

im gettin 5 cubes for that box. and the recommended ported for both lvl 3's and lvl 4's (10's) is 1 cuft.

so that gives u another cu ft to play around wit the port (if u use 4 tens)

i say do it it should work fine

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Guest aseanj52

Sounds like you could make it a SPL box with the way it is. Might not be mega spl but some. might have been made to be ported but it just wasn't. Because that box is huge for 4 10's.

Are you going to put the same amount of subs back in or close off a hole or two?

Find out what the total volume you will need with the dc's (ported) and see if you can match the volume depending on how many you use. If it's close enough I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do it. Just make sure the volume is good for ported in relation to how many subs are in there.

The box is roughly 4.7 cubes assuming the wood is around an inch thick. If you went with 4 level 3's or level 4's you would need at least 4 cubes for a ported setup (according to dc soundlabs specs). On the site it's saying that on both the level 3's and 4's they require a full cube for a ported setup.

So technically if you wanted to do it I think it could work. However what kind of tuning would you be looking for?

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

i want to stay with 4 10s the wood is 3/4mdf my bro n law made it not knowing what he was doing he made it hella big it sounded good with the shitty subs in it but he sold them and cant sell the box so i was going to take it and see what i can do with it being that its a very strong box. but i dont know if i should just stick with my original idea and keep trying for 2 15s

Edited by 99vic

/Rant

i want to stay with 4 10s the wood is 3/4mdf my bro n law made it not knowing what he was doing he made it hella big it sounded good with the shitty subs in it but he sold them and cant sell the box so i was going to take it and see what i can do with it being that its a very strong box.

3/4" ? eh, idk I'd try and add a little bracing along the long sections possibly where it could shift even just a tad.

Knowing that, the box is 5.1 cubic ft. IH8PunkRok is right, you're going to have a cube to play with still.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Dont listen to that asshat^^^^^^^ I see your still heading down the oneway street digital

if you use areo ports you could mount them to the outside of the box this way they dont take up any space on the box, it will look funny in your backseats but hell who cares as long as it pounds.