I have a 2000 chevy cavalier air ride setup with air struts for the front and cylinders for the back. I wanted to know if the bags on the struts can be changed out for different bags?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

4- COMP VR 15's

2- Tang Band 8's

2- Selenium 6"

2- Selenium Tweets

2- SAX 100.4's

1- SAZ 3000D

1- KQ9

1- KX3

Hopefully it doesn't sound too horrible. lol

I have a 2000 chevy cavalier air ride setup with air struts for the front and cylinders for the back. I wanted to know if the bags on the struts can be changed out for different bags?

i wouldn't think so if your talkin' about conti's, slams, or firestones. they are factory crimped end plates on those bags, if you undid them some how, they would be useless. i think the only way is to use strut type bags ( bags sold for strut use ) and that will work with the clamping device those strut setups use (to clamp each end of the bag to the strut assembly ) so, check with the manufacturers of the strut kit . wish i could be of more help, hope fully more of the strut users will give u better feed back. B)

You can up grade and down grade weight capacity. Basically your choices are 2500 and may 2600 if your lucky. You have to use the same bag brand. You don't really want to mess with them until there broke tho.

I figured that they just had regular bags bolted to a top and bottom flange, and the flanges bolted to the top and bottom of the strut.

4- COMP VR 15's

2- Tang Band 8's

2- Selenium 6"

2- Selenium Tweets

2- SAX 100.4's

1- SAZ 3000D

1- KQ9

1- KX3

I figured that they just had regular bags bolted to a top and bottom flange, and the flanges bolted to the top and bottom of the strut.

they have the piston run thru the center of the bag........ ( the strut bag ) , if you look at your struts, u will not see regular bag end plates , like you see on conti's , slams , firestones, and airlifts. the thick end plates you see are the things that clamp the bellows ( the rubber part of the ''bag'' ) to each end of the strut assembly. i think i said this in my first post on this topic, any how, take a look at the airstruts to see what im talking about. :good:

I have strut bags just like that, they are made by firestone

Ill get a pic

The set that I have is made by firestone? I do not know who the manufacturer of the kit I have is. Are all cylinders rebuildable? I remember seeing seals for them. Are cylinders measured by outer diameter? Sorry for so many questions in one post, just trying to gain knowledge on the subject.

4- COMP VR 15's

2- Tang Band 8's

2- Selenium 6"

2- Selenium Tweets

2- SAX 100.4's

1- SAZ 3000D

1- KQ9

1- KX3

The set that I have is made by firestone? I do not know who the manufacturer of the kit I have is. Are all cylinders rebuildable? I remember seeing seals for them. Are cylinders measured by outer diameter? Sorry for so many questions in one post, just trying to gain knowledge on the subject.

It will say firestone on the bag

Sorry dont know who made it. Post the pick on www.streetsource.com they will know

Some are rebuildable. Aim cylinders how ever are not rebuildable there not even useable.

cylinders and bags are measured by there load capacity. They will give you the out side diameter for mounting reasons.

my opinion is..... call around to different manufactures of these strut bags and cylinders and see what they say about the specific car and model you want these to go in , that way you can get specific details. try callin M.I.C (master image customs ) i know they sell strut bag kits and cylinders for alot of different vehicles , they should be able to give you alot of information, they've been in the game for a long time. if they dont have a specific kit for your vehicle ,they can either hook you up with one or advise you on what will work for sure. :good:

Archived