i know you do, i read thoroughly !!!! , thats why i suggested talking to AAC , they are the only ones i see that have done more than just a '' one off '' , it seems as if they've done a few. by sayin your car is to heavy, do you mean its putting to much stress on your current system ( air suspension ) . i do tile for a living , ive loaded about 1500lbs in the bed of my truck, i gots a '' stock floor bed '' held up by 4 mounts , i thought it would cave in but it held fine , it actually drove normal !!! im runnin' re 7's over the axle, gonna change to a bag on bars one day soon, i hope !!! i know what you mean about dropping big$$ into your rides when its not a daily !! i'll keep looking about your front setup, seems like the rear is fine tho !!!!???? ............... B)

the unibody frame cant handle the wieght, Im only 3./4 the way done on steel work and the car is allready saging in some spots, Im not worried about the air suspension at all, I know it will handle the wieght just fine.

Im actually thinking about removingthe air ride and buying another jetta, I have found my solution to make the front end lay on the ground bagyard air rides has made the perfect strut bag, I will have to make a notch for the axles but it will lay body with these ( non convoluted bags FTW)

Posted Image

yes the rear is fine, if I rolled the fender wells i could be on the ground

the unibody frame cant handle the wieght, Im only 3./4 the way done on steel work and the car is allready saging in some spots, Im not worried about the air suspension at all, I know it will handle the wieght just fine.

Im actually thinking about removingthe air ride and buying another jetta, I have found my solution to make the front end lay on the ground bagyard air rides has made the perfect strut bag, I will have to make a notch for the axles but it will lay body with these ( non convoluted bags FTW)

Posted Image

it looks as though they eliminated much of the top of the strut, that will work, huh !!! :good: yeah , i didn't take into the account of a uni-body frame that is not very re-inforcible, not like a rail frame you could box up :( yup, bagyard stole my idea , j/k !!! ...........................

this car is a mk2 golf, same suspension as a mk3 so yeah I found my solution when I get another jetta.

you guys are the ones that pushed me to look around even harder, so thanks, I want a bagged daily badly, Im pretty sure Im gonna make the suspension on the current jetta solid becuase im just not gonna be able to use it like I want

post-1-1217660677_thumb.jpg

post-1-1217660690_thumb.jpg

post-1-1217660705_thumb.jpg

this car is a mk2 golf, same suspension as a mk3 so yeah I found my solution when I get another jetta.

you guys are the ones that pushed me to look around even harder, so thanks, I want a bagged daily badly, Im pretty sure Im gonna make the suspension on the current jetta solid becuase im just not gonna be able to use it like I want

right on !!!! now you know the plan to get slammed :D i cant wait to see when u get another ride and tear into it , i know it will be awhile , just like my bag on bar 4link and relocating my compressors and 8 gallon tank to under the bed , oh so many ideas and plans and not enough $$$$ ................ are you still currently building the jetta's extreme sound system, is it in members builds ??? still making progress ??? ......... anyhow , keep posting progress on the jetta , yah , im a air suspension stone cold junkie !!! :fool:

how would you fit ( i think your talking 7'' dia. bags , if not 8'' dia. bags ) on a strut assembly, aren't the bags they use on them 6'' dia. bags at the most!, thats why they mostly use sleeve bags. cause if i were bagging a dually, i would use 7's up front and 8's out back ( slam specialties of course :D ) i just cant imagine using a bag that big on there especially with front wheel drive wheels, hey i may be way wrong , ive never dealt with strut bags, only double bellow bags ( convoulted )( shit ! i dont know how to spell it but you know what i mean ) on mini trucks and hotrods ( mostly shockwaves ) so anyhow, what bags ARE you talking about !!! :unsure: talk to me BIG P , i know your ur reading !!!!!!!

The jettas have tons of room up front. This is what im talking about its by easy street but its for 99 to 03 jetta :(

Posted Image

no offense to anyone, but I build my own cars, and there is no need to drop that much cash into a car I cant drive on the streets.

dont worry, I will be bagging a dailly driven vehicle, after I get my money situation under control.

Yea I hear yea. If you were gonna go the cut the perch rout i wouldnt wanna do it. It not something you would want to do at home with a 110 wire feed. Thats why I threw that out there.

Posted Image

Its still banded tho. See the silver bands on each side thats all that holds your bag from coming apart. See if they can make you one with a better bag. The get that biach draggin!

Its still banded tho. See the silver bands on each side thats all that holds your bag from coming apart. See if they can make you one with a better bag. The get that biach draggin!

i think those are the bag clamp plates , their just shinny cause their most likely billet...... B) edit , those are universal air banded bags. whats up with them , they dont hold up or what ???..............

they work just fine, big p just wants me to spend a rediclous amounts of money, those strut bags will let me lay on the ground with some notching, dont no what the fuss is about.

these guys that make that setup have had nothing but success

those bands are just crimped on. They have a higher fail rate then regaler bags like Firestone and slamn specialties. I know people that have used them for years and i know people that installed them left the truck aired up over night and came out in the morning to a busted bag. Ive never ran them or sold them so I cant tell you first hand but i know what my friends and forums say about them.

Archived