Second Skin Audio

You Guys Think D6's Can Take 1100wrms?

Im wondering if i should upgrade my amp to from audioque AQ1200d to AQ2200d. My D6 12's are DVC 4ohm by the way and wired at 1ohm total. so if i do get the AQ2200d, each amp woud be getting about 1100Wrms. Right now they are getting about 600Wrms each with the AQ1200d wired at 1ohm.

Can the diamond audio D6 handle a lil more of their rated power handling?

D6 12" are rated at 600Wrms nominal/ 1200W max

Any of u guys have experience over power these?

My Soundz:

'06 ACCoRD

Diamond Hex (front)........................Diamond 2ch x 100Wrms............................Ought-guage Power wire and BIG THREE

Diamond 6x9 (rear deck).................AudioQue AQ1200d @ 1ohm........................MTX re-Q (sound processor for stock HU)

CDT tweets (rear doors)..................Alpine 4ch x 45Wrms.................................Clarion 7band EQ

TWO Diamond D6 12" DVC 4ohm

Coming soon upgrades:

Batts

dynamat trunk kit

Im wondering if i should upgrade my amp to from audioque AQ1200d to AQ2200d. My D6 12's are DVC 4ohm by the way and wired at 1ohm total. so if i do get the AQ2200d, each amp woud be getting about 1100Wrms. Right now they are getting about 600Wrms each with the AQ1200d wired at 1ohm.

Can the diamond audio D6 handle a lil more of their rated power handling?

D6 12" are rated at 600Wrms nominal/ 1200W max

Any of u guys have experience over power these?

do you have that as a daily set up or are you jsut doin sound comptition for those subs?

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

do you have that as a daily set up or are you jsut doin sound comptition for those subs?

This is a daily set up. I juz wanna have a lil more thump when i'm showing off...lol. But i usally just play my music from medium loud to pretty loud, but not abusing loud.

here is my system by the way... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=25463

My Soundz:

'06 ACCoRD

Diamond Hex (front)........................Diamond 2ch x 100Wrms............................Ought-guage Power wire and BIG THREE

Diamond 6x9 (rear deck).................AudioQue AQ1200d @ 1ohm........................MTX re-Q (sound processor for stock HU)

CDT tweets (rear doors)..................Alpine 4ch x 45Wrms.................................Clarion 7band EQ

Coming soon upgrades:

Batts

dynamat trunk kit

This is a daily set up. I juz wanna have a lil more thump when i'm showing off...lol. But i usally just play my music from medium loud to pretty loud, but not abusing loud.

here is my system by the way... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=25463

well if your giving it 600 then go with a lil bit higher like maybe 100-200 watts rms more cause 1100 rms to each subs is kind of a lot that's usually for spl comps and that would make your subs blow quicker.if you want more bump then get sum new subs that are able to take that power.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Can I Get A Amen!

Amen

that would be a more wiser choice as i going with more subs or bigger subs to get more bass. you don't want to chance it.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

thanks guy. I guys I'll juz keep my system the way it is right now. its more of an SQL system anyways. Maybe I'll buy a used car somthing cheap and put a big system on it. Juz something to do. I really wanna go for SPL now.

My Soundz:

'06 ACCoRD

Coming soon upgrades:

Batts

dynamat trunk kit

going for an SPL car will take a LOT of money. Just be prepared.

I know cuz everything adds up.....wiring, electrical, sound dampening, tools, materials, time, subs, amps, HU, and the list goes on and on. but the fun you get out of it...............PRICELESS!

My Soundz:

'06 ACCoRD

Coming soon upgrades:

Batts

dynamat trunk kit