Gm Alternator Wiring Harness

So I was lucky enough to catch one of the Mechmans custom alternators. But I forgot something.....it came with the stock harness for an 01 yukon which is what it bolts up to. But my question is, is there anyway to find out what those 4 wires are since Im dropping it in my accord? Im gonna have to splice them in which shouldnt be a big deal, if only I find out what they are.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

So I was lucky enough to catch one of the Mechmans custom alternators. But I forgot something.....it came with the stock harness for an 01 yukon which is what it bolts up to. But my question is, is there anyway to find out what those 4 wires are since Im dropping it in my accord? Im gonna have to splice them in which shouldnt be a big deal, if only I find out what they are.

have you checked over at www.the12volt.com ?? They have wiring diagrams for LOTS of cars/trucks.

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

na man. the 12 volt is good for stuff like alarms, basic-advanced installs, etc. but I doubt they would get this deeply into an alternator wiring harness...I checked just to make sure haha. but thanks for the suggestion!

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

I built that unit with a custom "1 wire" type digital regulator. It does not need any of the pins connected for it to charge normally, it turns itself on automatically once it starts spinning. All you need to hook up it a 1/0 charge cable, and a 1/0 ground cable to the suplemental grounding lug that we installed in the case.

For the sake of learning, though-

A stock CS type GM regulator has 4 pins. One pin is slightly larger than the other 3 pins. On a stock regulator, they are labeled: P-L-F-S.

In order to "excite" or "turn-on" the alternator, you need to take a keyed 12 positive wire, run it through a 47ohm resistor, and connect it to the "L" terminal on the regulator plug. The purpose of the 47ohm resistor, is to simulate the resistance of an indicator light, and reduce the voltage going to the "L" terminal. Runing a full 12 volts to the "L" terminal can burn out the regulatotor. Most vehicles already have an indicator light circuit. If that wire is used, then the resistor is not necessary because the indicator light acts as a resistor. Hope that helps.