Little Bit Of Buffing And Detailing ( Nex Pix 11-10-08 )

In my quest for the perfect finish I have tried almost every product you can buy in the part store for detailing and I have scoured every website there is about detailing. I considered grotts, zaino, zymol , all of it. I stumbled across a website called autogeek.net ( not a spam thread , nor do I work for them ) . I chose to go with them first and foremost cause the website was very informative, and they have a forum where product support can be had by other users, as well as their employees. Not to mention the have really good prices and , after using the Wolfgang line, I can say they have products that perform as advertised.

I put a lot of work into this truck in the past 2 years trying to keep this truck looking really good. And the pics I have posted below are just from clay bar , swirl remover , finishing glaze and sealant. I didn't get to apply the final coat of wax the day I did all of this cause I had to leave immediately during applying sealant, as my girlfriend was in a car accident on the interstate that night. She is fine, and I will get a day soon enough to finish this thing up properly. It will be necessary to back track a couple of steps, but I like doing this stuff so the work is nothing compared to the results...

I am using a porter cable orbital buffer and lake country buffing pads, with the wolfgang product line. The only bad part about the porter cable buffer is is doesn't fit under the roof rack frame very well, so you have to get those areas by hand...other than that, on to the pics...

First, some shots of what I bought.

fj022.jpg

fj023.jpg

fj024.jpg

and, having all this detailing gear required me to get a bit organized, so this is in my laundry room, along with my collection of metal signs

fj027.jpg

some before shots. notice the fine scratches and "swirls" from washing and normal wear.

fj039.jpg

fj041.jpg

fj044.jpg

camera phone pic

cameraphone075.jpg

fj047.jpg

Edited by trainman0978

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

camera phone pic, just after clay and swirl remover

cameraphone070.jpg

after clay, swirl remover, and finishing glaze..

fj052.jpg

fj053.jpg

camera phone pic, but you can still see the mirror finish in it!!!

cameraphone076.jpg

fj057.jpg

notice the reflection of the windshield frame, even at night...

fj062.jpg

and this pic is just kinda cool...

fj059.jpg

so, I still haven't had the chance to get a coat of wax on it, but it still so smooth if you toss a micro fiber towel on the hood, it slides right across it and off the other side of the hood. The water beads up beautifully, and I used a windshield polishing kit after a clay bar and then treated it with rain -x , and it got some of the sparkle pitts out of the glass, but not all of them, and I also used some stuff called black wow on the plastic ( no pics of it ) and I will need to post up some shots of how that looks. Good stuff, a little drop goes a long way and the black plastic looks shiny, but not sticky shiny , if you know what I mean, I guess...

Love it either way. Nothing better than a nice shiny paint job

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

shit son do work! talk about detailing.

looks real nice

~Matthew

1998 Toyota Camry XLE V6 3L

(1) ScyTek Astra 4000RS-2W-1 2-Way Remote Start Alarm

with Shock and Proximity

(1) 20% Tint All Around (Gately Audio)

(1) 250 Amperage HO Alternator

(1) Big 3 Done In 1/0

(2) Kinetik HC2400 Power Cell

(1) Alpine IVA-D106 Receiver

(1) Peripheral Video Bypass Device

(4) Alpine SPS-17C2 Speakers

(1) Alpine KCE-422i iPod Control Interface

(4) Sheets Dynamat Extreme; for speakers

(1) 10 Square Feet Hushmat (Trunk & Rear Deck)

(4) DC Audio Level 4 15" D2 Subwoofer w/ Level 5 Coils

(1) Wall Built By David, Tuned to 32 Hz

(1) Rockford Fosgate T40001bd Amplifier

(1) Stinger 1/0 Wiring (2 runs of + 2 runs of -)

(1) Stinger Volt Meter

fj027.jpg

I see twinkies lol

shit son do work! talk about detailing.

looks real nice

FOR REAL took the swirls right out.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Thanks guys. I am quite proud of the results. And honestly, I can't wait to get at it again. I somehow find doing this kind of "work" very relaxing, and the results kinda make me a little proud of my skills ( well, my ability to follow directions - cause that is how simple this stuff is to use ) That and I didn't actually get to finish using the sealant and the pinnacle wax, and I can't really blame my girl for having some idiot slam into her car that night in the rain. Oh Well !!!

Twinkies huh? Lemme show you some more. This is actually my laundry room. I started collecting these damn signs several years ago. I have kinda slowed down a bit, and pretty much only buy them now when we are out traveling around on vacation or weekend getaways. Ordering them on the internet can get a little addictive, and since the are reproductions, there is no hurry on missing out on a sign that would be "hard to find". I mostly go after signs that are iconic from the 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, and cars from all eras up to the 70s, with the exception of one or two. some of these were gifts, so they don't really fit into the collection, but whatever. A sign is a sign I guess. ( Notice the Hello kitty. No, I didn't buy it )

fj028.jpg

fj029.jpg

fj030.jpg

fj031.jpg

fj032.jpg

fj034.jpg

My Kulicki Box Build

• 3 months later...

In the past two days I have done some work. In addition to adding my batteries yesterday, I started on the outside getting it ready for a full day of polishing and waxing today...

I started early this morning by putting up the canopy and taping off all the plastic, then I used a clay bar over the whole truck. I didnt really need to use the swirl remover after doing it a while back, so I went straight to the finishing glaze using the buffer. Next I applied the paint sealant with the buffer, and although you are supposed to wait at least ten hours for the sealant to cure, I have read that it wouldnt hurt if wax was going on right after. So I also used my pinnacle wax and let it dry in real good, removed it, and then went over the whole truck with pinnacle quick detailer to get any wax that I missed with the micro fiber towels... I think It looks pretty damn clean :)

this was after the finishing glaze and sealant..

DSCN1420.jpg

DSCN1418.jpg

DSCN1425.jpg

DSCN1421.jpg

DSCN1423.jpg

And after the waxing the quick detailer , and the tape was taken off...

DSCN1428.jpg

DSCN1426.jpg

DSCN1429.jpg

Edited by trainman0978

My Kulicki Box Build

DSCN1431.jpg

DSCN1432.jpg

DSCN1434.jpg

DSCN1433.jpg

DSCN1436.jpg

DSCN1437.jpg

Edited by trainman0978

My Kulicki Box Build

well, so far I am quite happy with the wolfgang line and the pinnacle wax, but the auto geek forums have taught me a lot more, I have been lurking there more than posting, and there are a few other product lines I wanna try out when I start running low on what I have now... but I can't say enough about the porter cable buffer and the lake country pads. I dont think I could ever duplicate these results by hand...

My Kulicki Box Build