What Battery To Go With?

For the stereo I would say yes rather than a "starting" battery. I'm sure with two or three bats you will have no problem finding enough juice to start your vehicle

You won't have a problem starting the vehicle with any two AGM batteries, no matter what brand or wether they are deep cycle or a starting battery.

FYI- the Kinetiks are not available with a steel shell, which is necessary if you are going to mount the battery under the hood. The heat from the engine compartment causes the case to swell, and for the cells to gas out.

Odyssee, stinger, and Powermaster have the steel shells available as an option for this reason. The Powermaster batts are a hybrid, and have medium thickness plates. This means that they can be safely deep cycled without damaging the battery, but have much more burst output (for starting engines and bass hits) like a starting battery would have. The Kinetiks are a little slow on their discharge under big loads.

FYI- the Kinetiks are not available with a steel shell, which is necessary if you are going to mount the battery under the hood. The heat from the engine compartment causes the case to swell, and for the cells to gas out.

Well FYI - I live in vegas with 110 degree in the shade during the summer, and your car can reach 140+degree easy in the sun. I have a kinetik under the hood and demo alot at shows and while cruzin the strip slammin charging @ 15.8volts (hot) with out a steel case for almost a year now with no issues what so ever! Not saying buy them just saying I haven't had this problem and I live in the desert and run mine without a case.

MLA

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

You can mix and match any of the batteries front-to-rear as long as they are all AGM batteries.

Kinetik, stinger, odyssey, Powermaster, Optima, are all AGMS.

We carry Powermaster because they performed the best in my SPL vehicle in my own testing. I believe Steve had similar results with his powermasters.

If you need help with fitment of a Powermaster battery under the hood, I have a deminsion chart- I can tell you what the biggest you can fit under the hood will be. We also are doing free shipping on Powermaster batteries right now.

Ok cool. I will get the dimensions of what i can fit under the hood and let you know.

before i buy the battery should i get the HO alternator?

Untitled-2.jpg

My Videos

AQ + AA/Fi FTMFW!!!!!

Ok cool. I will get the dimensions of what i can fit under the hood and let you know.

before i buy the battery should i get the HO alternator?

You can buy the bat or the alt first, it doesn't really matter, but I would definitely upgrade both at some point.

I have never personally had a Kinetik swell under the hood either, but I have read several threads complaining of swelling under high heat. I'm from Vegas too :drinks:

You can buy the bat or the alt first, it doesn't really matter, but I would definitely upgrade both at some point.

I have never personally had a Kinetik swell under the hood either, but I have read several threads complaining of swelling under high heat. I'm from Vegas too :drinks:

yea my lights arent dimming too bad now with a shitty batt. under the hood and an OEM 105 amp alt. but i am trying to get a sundown saz3000d so its a pretty big jump. rite now i only have the hifonics bx1605d and my lights dim barely and my voltage will only drop (not much) if the ac is on and i take the volume past 20 maybe.

which would be a better idea to start out with? the batt or the alt? they are relatively the same price. i cant find any bigger than a 250 amp alt for my truck. havent called excessive amperage yet tho.

Untitled-2.jpg

My Videos

AQ + AA/Fi FTMFW!!!!!

yea my lights arent dimming too bad now with a shitty batt. under the hood and an OEM 105 amp alt. but i am trying to get a sundown saz3000d so its a pretty big jump. rite now i only have the hifonics bx1605d and my lights dim barely and my voltage will only drop (not much) if the ac is on and i take the volume past 20 maybe.

which would be a better idea to start out with? the batt or the alt? they are relatively the same price. i cant find any bigger than a 250 amp alt for my truck. havent called excessive amperage yet tho.

heck i'd do the alternator, 3000d then the batteries.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

check out what came with my HO Alternator

43257.jpg

it pays to measure and get the biggest under the hood, check out my tight fit

3013.jpg

personally id go with powermaster, but get an alt first... u gotta take care of them batts

+1 to that. Batteries are just a band-aid fix if you don't have an alt to keep them full.

250amps is the most amperage you are going to get without sacrificing a lot of idle out-put. I know some people say otherwise, but we have done extensive testing, and that is just the best you are going to get without getting into exotics.

Thanks,

Im looking at a 250 amp alt on ebay for $250 for my truck.

guess i need to do the big three which i hope is easy lol.

the big 3 is easy potna and not very costly either. look at the BIG III topic and read some of the other big 3 topics.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module